Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
This is the senior level job. Technical expert, leading in the design of new/existing products and projects. Evaluates and optimizes solutions on products, parts, or processes for cost efficiency and reliability. Oversees the work of other design engineers. Works with other members of the engineering staff to ensure that projects/products are is completed in a timely manner. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others.
The successful candidate is required to meet at least 80% of the following requirements:
- Effective communication in English and Spanish, including presenting technical solutions to senior engineering audiences.
- Self-starting attitude and willingness to learn beyond the scope of the job.
- Extensive and up-to-date knowledge of oil and gas technologies and applications.
- Documented experience with drilling and completion modeling software.
- Influencing and leadership abilities within technical groups.
- Ability to work unsupervised on different locations both internal and external.
- Well control certificate of have being able to obtain one in the recent past.
- Willingness to support critical operations on the wellsite when required.
- Engaging personality willing to spend time interacting with stakeholders and client engineering teams.
- Highest personal values and integrity.
- Minimum 5-8+ years related experience: focused on completions offshore
- Must have Engineering Degree
- Knowledge of gravel pack offshore
- Advanced english mandatory.
The preffered candidate should have following experience to be considered for this position:
- Substantial exposure to well-site drilling, completion or well intervention operations. With preference given to candidates with offshore completions and stimulations background.
- Valued contributor or team lead of an engineering team in charge of conceptualization and design of completion, workover or stimulations.
- Internal or external consulting role experience recommending fit-for-purpose technologies for oil and gas completion and production operations.
- Subject matter expert in at least one of the disciplines related to drilling, completion, well intervention or workover. With preference given to completion, intervention and workover.
- Knowledge of international and local well integrity regulations.
- Documented experience solving drilling and completion operational problems using innovative strategic thinking.
- Key performance indicators management, analysis and continuous improvement applied to oil and gas operations.
- Offset well analysis applied to hazard identification and quality improvement strategies.
- Versed in best industry practices and standards.
- Experience with stimulation and gravel packing operations and/or engineering is very desirable.