Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Document Controller for a contract term is Fort Saskatchewan, AB. Purpose
The Asset Information Management Group ensures the integrity and availability of asset related information. The AIM Document Controller supports the maintenance of electronic technical information stored in the Library collections including Refinery, Chemicals and Upgrader. The AIM Document Controller maintains documentation within the technical libraries and ensures it's is available to users through correct classification, support of improvement projects and providing user training and assistance on the technical library system. Position Description:
- Part of a team that maintains asset information within the technical electronic document management system including assigning of document and tag numbers and filing of project and technical documents.
- Adheres to and assures users adhere to AIM procedures and work instructions governing the document management process, including document management/technical library procedures, document/tag numbering work instructions, archiving work instruction and related forms.
- Performs quality control on incoming and outgoing requests. Identifies and addresses potential issues, continuously learning about the data and systems.
- Maintains work instructions and procedures related to scope of work.
- Is a AIM system super-user in ASSAI Document Management System, Document Numbering and tagging applications in that they can maintain, troubleshoot, drive improvement and train users in these systems.
- Understands data management processes and their integration with document management. Upholds data management best practices.
- Conduct quality control and/or audits to ensure adherence by internal users and growth projects /EPCs to site AIM standards and processes.
Experience and Qualifications
- Managing conflicting priorities with competing deadlines.
- Technical aptitude and ability to learn, troubleshoot and train others in AIM applications.
- Balancing user requirements with document management best practices (standardization).
- Role requires a high level of accuracy and organization.
- Requires Strong customer focus with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Well organized with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong technical capabilities and ability to learn, improve, trouble shoot and train others in electronic document management systems, cad viewing tools, MS Access and Excel to assist with efficient delivery.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of the organization, both internally and externally.
- Must possess strong planning / organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in document or information management experience in an operational or project environment.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude with an understanding of technical drawings, drawing types and their purpose and revision control.
- Skilled in the use of IM and document management tools.
- Experience creating and maintaining work instructions and procedures.
- Knowledge of share point required.
- Skilled in the use of Excel.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.