Skills: Project Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Wood is seeking practical, engaged engineers and architects to join our busy Built Environment team in hands-on design and management roles. We have a growing order book of predominantly publicly-funded projects from an established and growing client base and need committed and experienced professionals to help deliver it.
As a mid-career professional with a degree in engineering or architecture, you will be the lynchpin between understanding our clients' needs and delivering our technical solution. You will lead project teams of in-house and supply chain specialists, responsible for all aspects of delivery including managing scope, risks, schedule, health and safety, and financial performance.
Working with a team of designers, engineers, planners and environmental experts, you must understand and challenge all aspects of the design process, including interpreting user requirements, applying technical standards, developing concept designs, technical report writing and presenting to clients and wider specialists. This is a hands-on role, you will be expected to undertake many elements of the work yourself, as well as managing others' contributions.
This role can be based in any of our UK office locations (Leamington Spa, Reading, London, Bristol, Birmingham, Glasgow, Newcastle upon Tyne, Knutsford, Shrewsbury or Leeds).
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
- Reviewing client requirements, developing concept design options and feasibility studies including the preparation of reports and presentation to stakeholders
- Coordinating input from multiple technical disciplines
- Identifying opportunities to add value to client projects and programmes
- Management of project budgets and schedules
- Ensuring work is delivered in accordance with Wood policies and procedures: health and safety, security, environment and quality
- Coaching junior members of the team
- Supporting or leading preparation of bids for new work
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Experience
- Project management in the built environment/infrastructure sector
- Management of multidisciplinary teams
- Analytical and communication skills: Interpreting factual information, drawing conclusions and articulating the conclusions concisely
Any of the following skills:
- NEC project manager accreditation
- Architectural sketching
- Primavera P6
Candidates with experience of public sector organisations are of particular interest, especially defence, education and housing development.
- Engineering or architecture degree
- Membership of relevant professional body
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.