Skills: Project Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Royal Leamington Spa, England, United Kingdom
The Assistant Project Manager supports the Project Manager in the planning and execution of the project to achieve the client's objectives. This role is responsible for supporting the delivery of limited-complexity projects either as part of a Wood delivery team or an integrated client team. Our projects are typically of an environmental or engineering nature, in the built environment or sustainable infrastructure sectors.
Watch this video to learn more about Early Careers at Wood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixsObyLi200
- Working with the Project Manager and Technical Lead to prepare and maintain definitions of the requirements of projects or project workstreams
- Developing the plans and strategies to successfully deliver the project objectives
- Supporting the development of contracts for the provision of goods and/or services, monitoring compliance and managing variances
- Assisting bid teams including developing elements of bid submissions
- Planning and controlling the delivery of work within the project, including:
- Assigning and co-ordinating work done by different people and organisations
- Controlling project costs, including weekly checks, monthly forecasting and reporting
- Developing project schedules, monitoring progress, and producing reports for client submission
- Identifying and managing project risks and change
- Preparing project management documentation such as Project Execution Plans, Quality Plans, Health and Safety Plans, Stakeholder Management Plans
- Gathering and implementing lessons learnt
Skills / Qualifications
- Knowledge of approaches for the successful delivery of projects from initiation to completion
- Techniques for the preparation and maintenance of project schedules including use of MSP and/or Primavera
- Consolidating and documenting the fundamental components of projects (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks, opportunities and issues, and quality requirements)
- Knowledge of change control processes
- Excellent communicator both orally and in writing.
- Degree in Project Management, Engineering, Science or business subject
- Holds a recognised project management qualification
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.