Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Wood is searching for a Planner/Scheduler to work offshore that has experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 21x21 with a work terminal out of Houma, LA.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Mechanical or Instrument & Electrical maintenance disciplines.
- Performing detailed planning of a work order from creation to completion in support of standards that involve requisitioning of resources and materials aligned with operational priorities and completion dates.
- Developing detailed Job Plan Packets.
- Identifying all the tasks required to effectively and efficiently define a job plan.
- Estimating the time required for individual segments and the total job.
- Identifying the skills required to accomplish each task.
- Developing work and manpower requirement estimates.
- Identifying and estimating special tool and equipment requirements.
- Identifying and estimating lifting equipment needs.
- Identifying and estimating contract service requirements.
- Identifying and estimating rental equipment requirements.
- Area process and support equipment and related components.
- Work and safety permits/procedures.
- Ensuring that all major equipment and material is ordered and deliveries are complete prior to the scheduled start date.
- Reading and interpreting equipment and design drawings.
- Reading and interpreting vendor information.
- Initiating the procurement process for materials and services (SAP requisitions).
- Supporting site Planning and be responsible for transactional and historical tracking.
- Consistently producing quality planned work orders placing them in a ready-to-schedule status.
- Additional duties per Supervisor.
Skills / Qualifications
• 5+ years in a Planning and Scheduling role with experience working on planning tool software
• 5+ years in Mechanical or I&E related work experience
• Willingness to work a 14/14 rotational schedule
• Willingness to travel long distances to work
• High School diploma/GED
• Operations/Maintenance Technician plus ≥8 years of P&S experience
• Bachelor's degree preferred but not required with 6+ years of P&S experience
• Experience on common planning tools such as SAP (PM & MM modules), MS Project, or Primavera
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.