Skills: Student / Recent Grad, Electrical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, United States
Wood is seeking a Entry-Level Electrical Engineers to become a member of our team and bring a willingness to contribute to and grow within our organization
Wood is looking for entry level engineers who want to join a team with a clear vision of the future and a plan for steady long-term growth. We believe our growth is fundamentally the result of our great people who support the business core values and our diversity in successfully servicing our key markets.
- Perform simple & routine tasks assigned at the direction of a mid or senior level engineer using the standards set by the company, group, client, etc.
- Performs electrical engineering design, including the development of single line diagrams, panel schedules, schematics, connection diagrams, load lists, etc.
- Correct mark-ups on drawings provided by engineers.
- Become familiar with the company's and client's methods, standards, and practices.
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering methods, techniques, procedures and criteria, using independent judgment with oversight from more senior engineers.
- Develop, review and coordinate documents with suppliers, other disciplines and customers.
- Proficient with basic engineering deliverables such as drawings, specifications and calculations.
- Conduct document and design checking as required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university.
- 0 - 4 years + years of experience in electrical design of heavy industrial power distribution systems, lighting and grounding
- Ability and willingness to travel 25% average with specific projects potentially requiring extended travel
- Must pass drug test, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- Willingness to work in the Atlanta, Georgia or Greenville, South Carolina offices.
- Good oral and written communication skills required.
- Experience with MS Office required.
- Strong ability to work in a team environment required.
- EIT certification
- Experience with Revit and AutoCAD is a plus.
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC) and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) codes is a plus.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.