Role Summary / Purpose:
Global Design & Installation Services Technical leader role is a recognized expert in a specialized field for retrofitting production asset with the suitable Condition Monitoring technology solutions. This role requires both customer facing & internal engagement with cross functional, cross regional teams delivering high impact to the business.In this role, you will be accountable for quality deliverance of Bently Nevada's D&IS (Design & Installation Services) solution through technical compliance and operational excellence. You will partner with global & regional commercial teams driving growth through projects at new or existing customer sites involving HW, SW, and Services. The projects include those that upgrade Bently Nevada's installed base, expand protection and/or condition monitoring to other unmonitored production assets, or involve additional value-added offerings (like implementation of NPIs etc.) that allow our customers to improve the plant output, increase availability and reliability of their production assets and optimize the O&M costs.
The Global Design & Installation Services Technical Leader (D&IS TL), will be responsible for driving growth in the installation and retrofit businesses by leading the efforts in building a sustainable global team of talent that can support to sell feasible solutions in collaboration with ASAs and execute full turnkey solutions for end-user customers in collaboration of regional services team. D&IS TL will build the regional pool of technical experts, developing training & certification programs, develop operational processes to ensure standardization & quality compliance.
A retrofit is defined as the modification of existing machinery (turbines, compressors, fans, pumps etc.) for the installation of monitoring systems and/or transducers and packaging them with larger software and analytical solutions. D&IS TL shall be responsible for developing and delivering new solutions to improve the outcomes of our customer's production equipment.
D&IS TL will participate in the NPI development & it's deployment with standardized procedures for delivering additional customer value by combining service installation scope with product delivery.
Operationally, the D&IS TL will work with regions and productivity teams to drive variable cost productivity (VCP) in the execution of these turnkey installations and will focus on improving customer satisfaction Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) through review of technical scope (and BOM) during ITO stage in collaboration with ASAs, participate in risk-review process/technical clarification/qualifications and approval of design drawings before issuance for construction (IFC)/implementation. The D&IS TL will also have responsibility for working with the regions and training team to drive training and certification for existing and new field service engineers.
Commercially, the D&IS TL will support our sales and commercial teams, helping to train our teams as well as support sales as needed for large/new projects.Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
- Accountable to develop global and high-performance D&IS organization by developing a pool of D&IS experts across each region for driving business growth & operational excellence.
- Accountable for supporting regional teams as SME for initial D&IS site surveys, preparation of solution design/BOM, on-site deployment technical support, ensuring D&IS solutions are deployed with compliance to quality and processes standards across all projects.
- Accountable to maintain the Installed base working with regional teams. Maintain D&IS supportcentral with updated tools, training material, projects' database/ references and regularly review ITO/OTR support cases to ensure quality deliverance. Work on revising QMS procedures and policies as needed to fulfil business requirements.
- Accountable for compliance to Bently Nevada's ITO & OTR work processes.
- Work with Training and Services Technology teams to develop, improve and maintain training curriculum. Drive the required training and certification program for Field Engineers.
- Accountable for follow up and closure of pending field engineer training & certifications
- Support D&IS Engineers in creating design and reviewing design before issuing the Rev A (NC) to customer and/or before issuing for construction (IFC) to ensure quality deliverance to our customers.
- Utilize personal expertise and leverage the expertise of our existing design engineers, field engineers & product line leaders as subject matter experts to achieve results.
- Work cross-functionally with Commercial, Technology, Sourcing, Supply Chain, Services, Quality & Training teams to drive growth opportunities and implement productivity and quality improvements.
- Identify opportunities to drive VCP and NPS in the installation of our solutions. This can include but is not limited to methods used in the field; the requirements for hardware and software quality pre-shipment; as well as how we sell these products in the inquiry to order (ITO) phase of projects. Review the preliminary technical scope and BOM proposed during ITO phase from local D&IS Engineer and ASA.
- Expect approximately 80% coach, mentor, develop, & train our global field service engineers, technicians and commercial teams.
- 10-20% on customer locations leading field services teams on first of a kind or extremely complex, critical, unique, & highly visible customer issues.
- Prepare success stories, make technical presentations & solution demo to all levels of customer organization.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical Engineering) with academic or practical experience in large retrofit projects
- BN products/portfolio experience
- Machinery diagnostics (MD) knowledge will be preferred
- Proven track record of innovative thinking and producing results.
- Strong communication and team skills
- Strong work ethic
- Fast learner with energy and enthusiasm
- Able to travel ~50% of time as needed for regional jobs & trainings.
- 10-12 years of field experience
- Site Project Management experience
- Good working knowledge of electrical and mechanical design
- Good working knowledge of power generation, reciprocating or oil and gas equipment
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.