Our clients' Port Arthur facility is comprised of two Steam Methane Reformer (SMR) with integrated gas turbine generators, and CO2 capture facilities at both SMR's, supporting enhanced oil recovery. The site is tied into an existing hydrogen pipeline system that spans from New Orleans to the Houston Ship Channel and supplies hydrogen to the integrated supply network for consumption by their customers across the GC Franchise.
They are seeking a key member of the West GC Leadership Team and responsible for a broad range of duties focused on ensuring all elements of operational discipline are in place and functioning properly at the Facility. You will have direct responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the facility and report directly to the Port Arthur/Westlake Area Manager. You will interface daily with the Port Arthur plant operations team which includes: operator technicians, maintenance technicians, admin support, and various other engineers/technicians who are located in the GC Region.
As the Plant Manager, you will be required to gain an understanding of all aspects of the site's operation with a specific focus on leadership skills as a site leader. You are responsible for overall facility safety, plant operational reliability, implementing productivity improvements, budget management, customer interface, and will also play a key role in the coordination of maintenance activities by working in conjunction with the regional maintenance team. Key responsibilities for this position include:
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Lead a team of 14 Operations Technicians, site supervisor and an engineer to develop site talent through coaching, training and progression boards.
- Work closely with the regional maintenance manager to coordinate scheduled and unscheduled work, set maintenance priorities, plan maintenance activities and plan the execution of site turnarounds.
- Ensure compliance with Preventive Maintenance programs and Mechanical Integrity programs.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Manage the site's Basic Safety Process and Process Safety Management.
- Ensure environmental compliance in accordance with clients' Corporate and Government regulations.
- Support of all aspects of the day-to-day operation will include troubleshooting plant process problems and driving plant projects.
- Understand safe operating, design, permit limits.
- Investigate incidents and near misses, understand and correct the root cause of failures.
- Interface with customers and the client commercial team.
- Able to respond and support plant issues on a 24/7 basis.
- Identifying maintenance concerns, then developing and implementing corrective/preventative measures.
- 5+ years of diversified plant experience with a demonstrated record of continued advancement
- Experience in HyCO plant operations and maintenance or operations of equivalent complexity
- Demonstrated commitment to asset management programs
- Self-starter with proven managerial, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Track record of success in areas of Safety, Environmental, Quality and Employee Involvement
- Strong commitment to employee involvement, team building and diversity.
- Ability to interface with senior customer representatives and community leaders
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to foster relationships with customers, support groups, and key stakeholders
- Strong communication and organizational skills
1) Chemical or indsutrial gas plant operations experience.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.