Skills: Field Comm / SCADA
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Wood is currently recruiting for an Automation Technical Professional to be located in Mexico City, Mexico.
Wood Automation and Control is the largest vendor-independent system integrator in the world, with proven stability for more than 20 years. We pride ourselves on solving real-world problems for our clients by providing full engineering, consulting, procurement, and construction services to our customers across the globe. Our automation team work on hands-on projects that span the full spectrum - from small integration projects to Main Automation Contractor programs for large, multi-EPC projects.
There is an expectation in this role that the Automation Technical Professional will be bilingual (Spanish / English) and will have a strong background in SCADA Systems. This role will be on site, at client facilities, for portions of this work. The successful candidate will have the ability to work effectively and diligently as an individual engineer and team member in front of both internal and external customers. This is an exciting opportunity for a strong problem solver; an individual capable of thinking outside the box, taking initiative to address technical challenges, and having the desire to strengthen their existing skills and develop new skills.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in Automation Engineering projects for the design and implementation of automation systems for oil & gas and process industry projects.
- Engage in all phases of automation projects, front-end engineering through detailed design, procurement, configuration, implementation, startup, and commissioning in areas such as SCADA, HMI, DCS and/or SIS PLC interfacing and/or programming, architecture and networking, and specification development.
- Attend and support site surveys, Factory Acceptance Test (FAT's), Site Acceptance Test (SAT's) and commissioning activities for delivered systems.
- Review, comment, and provide input on the project schedule and project cost estimate.
- Support procurement with vendors lists development, requisition development, technical bid tabulations and clarifications, purchase recommendations, monitor progress and maintain communications with vendors as required.
Travel expected to customer locations for project implementation (50%).
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree is required, preferably in one of the following disciplines: Automation & Control, Electronic, Computer/Systems/, Mechatronic, or related area.
- Must have minimum 3 years' Automation experience
- Experience with an operating company, systems vendor, or engineering services provider for the onshore or offshore oil & gas and/or energy industry, is preferred.
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience in SCADA and Distributed Control Systems (DCS) hardware, network architecture, integration, configuration and programming, industrial protocols, HMI Graphics and databases, and SCADA System configuration and installations.
- High level of hands on experience with installation, configurations, and interfacing Clear SCADA, AB FactoryTalk, AB FactoryTalk Historian, AB PlantPax & AB ControlLogix PLC and use of MODBUS, OPC, DNP3, IEEE 61850, and Ethernet industrial protocols. Certification and completed course work in the above is preferred.
- Design of SCADA architecture and development of database and graphics display
- Proficient knowledge of P&IDs and instrumentation/control equipment
- Preparation of control panel racks, SCADA, TI, computer system, advanced control, and SCADA specifications, test document and procedures, and related drawings
- Hands-on experience with the following is highly desired, but not required:
- Server and Workstations Virtualization
- Active Directory configurations
- Networking switching and routing knowledge
- Installation and configuration of antivirus, anti-malware, and vulnerability scanners
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office, and AutoCAD is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal Bi-lingual communication skills; must have proficiency in English, and be able to communicate effectively with coworkers, clients, and vendors.
- Valid driver's license is required; Travel (driving a car) to/at client facilities is expected (up to 50%)
- Must be eligible to work in Mexico
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.