Skills: Manufacturing Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Scott, Louisiana, United States
Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Leads all manufacturing operations of the plant. Directs production supervisors and shop floor associates. Supports plant General Manager
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:(not listed in any particular order)
- Know and understand Weatherford's Enterprise Excellence Program and the Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Must understand and comply with all applicable licensee requirements.
- H ire, develop, mentor, coach and motivate direct reports and shop floor associates
- Conduct performance reviews on periodic and ad-hoc basis
- Direct and plan all production activities
- Ensure production and delivery schedules are met to meet targets
- Work closely with plant leadership team to meet plant targets, improve overall safety, quality, delivery and reduce total cost
- Understand and monitor key performance indicators
- Lead improvement programs
- W aste elimination/lean
- KPI remediation
- Make strong shop-floor presence and role model desired behaviors
- Uphold internal and external policies, regulations, and laws
- Act as temporary General Manager when required
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- P erform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Successful, multiyear track record as operations/production manager or supervisor
- Managed groups (20+) of shop floor associates
- Knowledge of relevant manufacturing processes (i.e. CNC machining, assembly, special testing) as required
- Knowledge of processes and tools (i.e. lean/continuous improvement, MRP software and logic, financial terms)
- Strong people leadership and management skills with superior communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong organization-building skills to develop linkages with the plant's different functions
- High energy and enthusiasm to lead
- Distinctive leadership; willing to make tough/unpopular decisions, but well respected internally
- Bachelor's degree Required(Engineering preferred)
- 8-10 years of manufacturing experience and training involving both on-the-job experience and informal training with experienced workers.