Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Aid in troubleshooting the NDT operations and integration problems.
- Be the first point of contact and liaise with the client QA/QC Executive / Supervisor.
- Assist NDT services including pre-qualification, performance, and quality audits
- Ensure that NDT techniques applies, are following the applicable project specifications.
- Communicate with client representative / QA/QC Coordinator on project-specific activities and Unit Head NDT Services (for specific NDT activities) on the timing and duration of NDT activities.
- Provide technical input and quantity estimates for, equipment and consumables required for project preparations and production.
- Report to Project Manager on the status of preparations, execution, problems foreseen or encountered, and improvements for current or upcoming projects.
- Ensure that NDT services are performed in accordance with the applicable safety and environmental procedures, rules and regulations as applicable.
- Maintain and expand where possible a technical and practical knowledge of welding and material inspection on construction work, including NDT procedures, NDT personnel qualifications, new or modified NDT techniques, as well as a working knowledge of welding techniques.
- Identify areas of exposure or improvement within the department or its objectives.
- Be responsible for the weld logbook, which should be filled in correctly.
- Check reports prior to them being forwarded to the client or its representative on board.
- The list of job duties describes above is not exclusive or exhaustive and the employee may be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the job;
- Assist with any other duties as and when required; and
- Undertake specific project as instructed by Management/Project Manager.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to in so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment
- Promote a strong HSE culture at all times
- Ensure that personnel identify with and achieve, the necessary Health and Safety performance standards associated with the relative risks to personnel and plant in their environment and daily work
- Ensure that business and HSE risk implications of integrity issues are clearly identified and assessed for consideration within the Oceaneering Integrity Management Team and communicated to the Client
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems of the Company
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Project Manager Asset Integrity Asia
- Project Administrator/ Site Coordinator
- Site Supervisors
- Technicians (if applicable)
Preferred, Engineering and/or Business degree, significant or equivalent Industry experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
QUALIFICATION & TRAINING
- Relevant Radiance License
- PCN Level II Magnetic Particle (MT) or equivalent (Desirable not mandatory)
- PCN Level II Liquid Penetrant (PT) or equivalent (Desirable not mandatory)
- PCN Level II Ultrasonic Testing (UT) or equivalent (Desirable not mandatory)
- Offshore Safety Passport
- If certain education and/or experience would be useful, list as "desired". (Example: PHR, CQM, Black Belt)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in operational environments as an NDT Technician
- Experience in all qualified testing methods
- Have a general knowledge of other NDT methods, products manufacturing and inspection technology used by the company performing NDT
- Experience in developing/maintaining NDT programs and applications
- Experience in operational integrity and safety management systems
- Experience leading and managing a multidisciplinary team
- Experience working with engineering contracts and contract administration processes
- Knowledge of Competency Based Training and Assessment
- Demonstrated management, leadership, communication and planning skills
- Sound computer skills
- Knowledge of the Oil & Gas industry including related Legislation, Acts and Regulations, Industry Standards and Codes
- Knowledge of NATA requirements
- Ensure that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks/environment
- Ability to present ideas effectively to individuals and groups
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables
- Knowledge of safety standards (e.g. Step back 5x5, JSEA, HSEQ system etc.)
This position is considered OFFSHORE OR ONSHORE WORK as will be determined by the project manager/supervisor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.