Skills: Project Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Sandnes, Rogaland, Norway
Oceaneering International Inc. is a global supplier of engineering services and products, predominantly to the oil and gas industry, and are present in all geographical regions of the world. Oceaneering Norway consists of the companies Oceaneering Ltd., Oceaneering Asset Integrity Ltd., and Oceaneering Rotator Ltd.
Our mission and vision are; We solve the unsolvable and thrive by creating industry-changing technically creative solutions for the most complex operational challenges under water, on land, and in space.
To solve our mission, and reach our vision, we need colleagues with different backgrounds and competences. We believe diversity gives us a broader perspective and a better understanding of our customers' needs. We are certain that if we do things right, grow together, outperform expectations and own the challenge, we will solve our mission and reach our vision.
The primary responsibility of this position is to plan, direct, and coordinate activities of a single, or multiple projects, to ensure that goals or objectives of project are safely accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters, and the customer receives a quality product or service which meets or exceeds all of the customer requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set up and monitor project budgets. Provide revenue and cost advice to include relevant cost accruals as applicable. Participate or directly engage in forecasting of project revenue and cost.
- Develop and maintain resource-loaded project schedule with detailed work breakdown structure (WBS).
- Day to day management of assigned projects and project teams, including the planning of project operations and the supervision of operational personnel on site including the review of procedures, staffing requirements and allocation of available resources to various phases of the project to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Daily liaison on projects and systems to identify any issues and ensure project is running as planned.
- Finding solutions where required to mitigate downtime or project delays that impact the client business or profitability rates of the project.
- Assist customers in preparation of design ideas and specifications.
- Conduct presentations and assist with sales and marketing activities.
- As appropriate, coordinate with Operations Lead and Sales/Commercials personnel in the development of Bids and Proposals.
- Review and approve quality plans and technical procedures. If required, create procedures for subsea projects.
- Review project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of project and provide personnel requirements to Operations.
- Confer with project staff to outline work plans and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Direct and coordinate activities of projects to ensure progression is on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Review status reports and adjust schedules or plans as required.
- Review and approve documents related to meeting customer specifications.
- Oversee the generation of requisitions not related to general Repair and Maintenance and review/approve requisite supplier invoices.
- Prepare project reports, forecast, variance explanations and other technical and financial reports for management, client, or others.
- In conjunction with Technical Support, confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Review and approve project invoices and assist in accounts receivable issues with Customers.
- Travel domestically and overseas as needed.
- Maintain training requirements as directed by management.
- Work closely with the Commercial Department on the review of ITTs and Bid submission to ensure properly defined scope of work, technical competencies and equipment required. Must have a detailed knowledge of work scope, terms and conditions and pricing.
- In coordination with Sales, provide client presentations on new technologies or solutions that improve their performance.
- Implementation of HSE Management Systems and compliance with local regulations and preparation.
- Verify System compliance with all Technical, Operational, and HSE Bulletins.
Preparation of project reports, forecasts, variance explanations and other financial or technical reports as required by management, clients or other stakeholders.
- Minimum three years Project Management experience
- BS in Engineering or Equivalent Experience
- Offshore / oilfield operational experience
- Familiar with remotely operated systems, subsea well intervention equipment and practices
- Working knowledge of Office365 and SharePoint
- Extensive working knowledge of project scheduling software
- Must hold/maintain a valid passport and be able to obtain visas for international travel
- PMP Certification
Ability to determine and meet customer needs.
Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
Ability to motivate, organize and direct the work of others.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Oceaneering AS offers a good working environment with an informal tone, exciting and varied work tasks and good working conditions.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.