Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Apply skills and aptitude to repair, install, troubleshoot and perform other predictive and preventative maintenance tasks on control systems, electrical, pneumatic, or mechanical on measurement facilities, natural gas compressor station, gas and fire detection systems and auxiliary equipment such as electrical generators, air compressors, pumps, valves, valve operators, filters, scrubbers, etc,
This role will require work on and offshore
Duties & Responsibilities
Apply skills and aptitude to repair, install, troubleshoot and perform other predictive and preventative maintenance tasks on control systems, electrical, pneumatic, or mechanical on measurement facilities, natural gas compressor station, gas and fire detection systems and auxiliary equipment such as electrical generators, air compressors, pumps, valves, valve operators, filters, scrubbers, etc.
- Conduct all cathodic protection related monitoring, surveys, and inspection
- Troubleshoot cathodic protection failures and provide necessary report to Qatar Petroleum
- Conduct routine site CP surveys and corrosion monitoring surveys
- Report the inspection findings to the client
- Rectify any anomalies and maintain the integrity of CP systems and internal corrosion monitoring systems
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to as far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Employee hired as or promoted to the Corrosion Tech must have a minimum of 7 years experience in Cathodic Protection systems monitoring and internal corrosion monitoring.
- Conversant with all CP related measurements and surveys including:
- Tank and Soil potential survey
- Pipe and Soil potential survey
- WHJ CP survey
- Sea submersed structure
- Pipeline CP survey
- Insulation Joint test
- Anode current output
- Tank floor protection balance
- Soil resistivity measurements
- Sacrificial Anode Cathodic Protection system for Tank and vessel
- Deep well ground bed Impressed Current Cathodic Protection system
- Shallow Anode systems.
- Offshore experience preferred
- NACE CP level 2 required.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics .
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
This position is considered ONSHORE/OFFSHORE which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors/outdoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
- Lift up to 20-50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/ back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands
- Identify color differences
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Lift up to 10-25 pounds
- Climb stairs/ ladders, stand balance, stoop, squat, reach. And left/ carry objects
- Twist body, sit with back supported head forward/ flexed, head tilted/ rotated, and work with arms extended overhead
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection
- Primary Identity Document
- Passport or an official travel document showing birth date and parental details
- Current document of identity
- Secondary Identity Document
- Document confirming employment history, education, and personal referees
Security Background Check
The security background check shall include a security assessment and criminal history check issued by the competent authorities.
- Document confirming employment history, education, and personal referees
- Employee may be requested to get a good conduct certificate from the country of origin or a local police clearance certificate
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.