Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering AGV Systems, an Oceaneering International Company, develops, implements and markets Automated Guided Vehicle Systems (AGVs), navigation hardware, and software. We offer customized and automated transport solutions to efficiently, competitively and effectively meet the ever-increasing transport demands of various industries by increasing productivity, reliability, flexibility and safety standards through innovation, expertise and robustness. Oceaneering AGV Systems has been delivering automatic guided vehicle solutions to the world's leading companies for 30 years.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs).
**Please note this is a direct hire and as such no agency assistance is invited at this time - thankyou**
Duties & Responsibilities
The Lead Engineer applies an advanced knowledge of engineering fundamentals to the division's engineering and design activities and provides work leadership to lower level employees. The Lead Engineer interacts with all OASYS departments as necessary to provide engineering support to projects, integration, and test activities.
- Defining and controlling electrical design standards for Automatic Guided Vehicle Systems
- Controlling (E-Plan & EPDM) engineering project drawing structures from release- retractions-redlines while ensuring configuration standards are maintained at all times
- You technically lead electrical controls engineers in the daily execution of project based automated guided vehicle engineering
- You observe project planning commitments and provide timely feedback in regular project team meetings
- You ensure implementation of agreed engineering procedures and assist in optimizing processes with a view to increasing project volumes
- You take responsibility for defining electrical controls concept engineering, concurrent with highly qualified lead mechanical and electrical engineers
- You take a holistic view of project vehicle engineering with interchangeability and compatibility driving project growth
- You support the assembly, testing and commissioning teams with electrical issues and provide solutions
- You foster strong working relationships with the linking disciplines such as logistics, production, assembly and project commissioning.
- You cultivate and promote our corporate values - integrity, collaboration, courage, excellence
- Estimate resource requirements to meet technical and scheduling objectives.
- Analyze and develop design approaches for complex engineering projects.
- Develop and apply advanced engineering design methods, theories, and research techniques within related technical fields.
- Provide technical consultation to other organizations.
- Review literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilties.
- Reports to OASYS Engineering Manager.
- Master's degree or comparable training, preferably with a technical engineering focus
- Approximately ten years of relevant experience within Automation Industry, (Automated) Material Handling Solutions, Machinery & Industrial Engineering or related electrical controls industries
- You preferably have experience with Fieldbus technology, safety controllers (SICK Flexi-soft), 3D-camera technology, positioning sensors and encoders
- Team player with a high level of communication skills
- Ability to operate in an international team and to perform in a global matrix organization
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Excellent analytical skills for preparing and reviewing technical and project reports.
- Advanced knowledge and practical application of related engineering principles .
Enterprise Product Data Management (EPDM) experience preferred.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.