Skills: NDT Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
This job serves the operational side of the organization's business . NDT (Non-destructive testing) technicians evaluate the physical properties of a material without causing any damage. They will inspect and test the material to find any possible corrosion, cracks, or other imperfections which could alter its performance or integrity. The RPO has responsibility to manage radioactive sources storage, transport and use in country.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure company and site compliance with Qatar Radiation rules and policies
- Completion of all documentation and permits for transport, storage and use of radioactive materials
- Reports to the site supervisor/ superintendent, ensuring the safe, efficient and profitable day-to-day NDT inspection job for our clients.
- NDT Technician Inspection using any of the following : Ultrasonic, Radiography, Magnetic Particle, Liquid/ Dye Penetrant and Visual techniques
- NDT inspection test items ; components, pipework and structural assemblies etc, in order to establish acceptability to specification
- Prepare and present inspection report. Normal NDT (To be Submitted Daily)
- Ensure that work area is safe to carry out NDT activities.
- Carry out risk assessments/Take II as required.
- Ensure inspection is carried out within the parameters of the applicable specification.
- Perform routine equipment / consumable function tests to ensure everything is in good working order. Any issues must be reported directly to supervision.
- Evaluate results of the test in accordance with applicable specification
- Produce a clear and concise report detailing the methods used in and results of the inspection and all finding noting any limitations / test restrictions is applicable.
- Carry out work in a timely and efficient manner in order to meet deadlines, changing priorities when the situation requires
- Carry out work in accordance with Oceaneering operating procedures and statutory/client specifications and requirements
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Project Manager (PM) as line manager. Project Coordinator will support PM on issuing instructions or communications to employee.
- Qatar SCENR Radiation Protection Officer
- ASNT or PCN Radiography Level 2
- Radiation safety / supervisor
- Qatar residency
- Qatar driving license
- MT/PT/UT NDT qualifications
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
This position is considered ONSHORE and OFFSHORE WORKSITE which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors majority of the time on work site, day or night. Some indoor office for reporting.
- Work sites can be warehouse, yard, vendor shop, construction site, industrial city
- Requires working on or near oil and gas plant equipment, pumps, skids, modules
- During summer season humidity is above 90%. Noise can be over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks/gases on adjacent work parties
- Potential exposure to airborne dust, fumes at work site
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated. Use of ladders and scaffold for some access.
- Confined space required but infrequent
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
- Lift up to 20-50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, vessel manway holes, kneel, crouch, crawl, use repetitive movements of the arms and hands
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Lift up to 10-25 pounds
- Climb stairs/ ladders, stand balance, stoop, squat, reach.
- Twist body, sit with back supported head forward/ flexed, head tilted/ rotated, and work with arms extended overhead
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Travel via car, bus, taxi, boat, helicopter, airplane
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, hearing protection
- Vision requirement and color recognition
- Handle and transport radioactive containers
MENA Regional Specific Requirements
- Third Party ASNT certificate holders will be required to undergo Oceaneering Certification, and successful completion is a mandatory requirement to acquire this position.
- Role dependent on passing company/offshore/client medical and eye test and colour requirements
- Passport or an official travel document showing birth date and parental details
- Current document of identity issued by country ministry
- Current driver's license copy issued by the country government (Only for approved drivers of the radiation pick up)
- Document confirming employment history, education, and personal referees
- Attested education diploma or degree
Security Background Check
The security background check shall include a security assessment and criminal history check issued by the competent authorities in the country.
- Employee may be requested to get a good conduct certificate from the country of origin or a local police clearance certificate
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
","title":"NDT Technician (RPO)
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.