Skills: Project Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Manage the allocated project (s) activities and resources in accordance with the originations procedures, work scope requirements, budgets and plans. Review, evaluate the progress, look at ways of improving the works and reducing costs where possible. Act on the behalf of other Project Managers / Senior Operations Manager when required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Focal point for delivery of all aspects of designated projects
- Manage day to day operational requirements of the project
- Ensure operational requirements of the projects are fulfilled by the support team
- Work closely with client and project teams to ensure efficient and effective implementation of the assigned project
- Ensure all HSE and quality processes are followed and reported
- Ensure sufficient competent personnel are provided to carry out the work scopes on projects
- Ensure such personnel work within their competency responsibilities and area of scope
- Assist in creation of annual budgets, proposals and CTR's as required
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and appropriately stored for audit purposes
- Ensure weekly project documents are received on time from offshore NDT teams, complete, current and appropriately stored for audit purposes
- Check contents of weekly project documents, ensuring correctness
- Check NDT reports for correctness against procedure, scope of work and are stored/logged for audit purposes
- Carry out safety and technical pre mob briefs for projects
- Carry out tool box talks
- Maintain Equipment register for all calibrated items
- Support regular audits and assessments as and when required by project team and clients
- Carry out call out duties as and when required
- The list of duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake task's that may reasonably be expected within the scope
- Cover of safety mobilisation briefs for projects
- Cover of logistics for projects
- Making Technicians aware of check in location and times.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- Directly supervise all NDT personnel and relevant Subcontractors on projects.
- Create training plans to develop technicians within projects.
- Monitoring technicians performance on projects and carrying out appraisals.
- Carry out disciplinary actions as and when required for technicians on projects.
- Address complaints from technicians.
- Hiring of personnel to cover project work scopes.
- Reporting into Senior Operations Manager Aberdeen.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Must have a good level of NDT experience
- Must have good communication skills
- IT literate
- Microsoft Word proficient
- Microsoft Excel proficient
- Held a management role previously
- Offshore experience
- Mathematical proficiency in statistics, geometry, trigonometry, fractions, percentages.
- Offshore survival
- Offshore medical
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback on projects
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
- Site visits as and when required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
","title":"NDT Project Manager
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.