Skills: Marine Surveying
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
We are growing our Oceaneering Mobile Workforce for our Survey Division, EMEAA Region.
The position of Surveyor of Marine Construction Survey Services exists for the purpose of carrying out required tasks in the field for survey projects, as requested by the Party Chief, Survey Ops Manager, Project Surveyor, and / or field client representatives for the survey project's field activities.
- Assist fellow employees in performing their work in accordance with safe work procedures
- Conduct and document daily Job Safety Analysis (JSA)/ Safety pre-tower meetings
- Train and adhere to Oceaneering or client company's specific requirements
- Managing and carrying out specific job tasks as requested by client, project manager, survey manager
- Comply with company safety rules and training, conduct operations safely and report any unsafe condition or practices immediately to his/her supervisor
- Calibrate heading, attitude and bathymetric sensors.
- Connect computer networks and fault find as needed
- Install, test and commission surface and subsurface survey positioning systems and data acquisition sensors
- Perform maintenance of survey systems
- Document maintenance logs, fault reports and test sheets according to procedures
- Prepare comprehensive hand-over notes and end of trip reports
- Responsible for the care and safety of company equipment
- Training of fellow field personnel
- All other duties as assigned
- This position has no direct reports.
- Party Chief - Offshore
- Project Manager/Surveyor - when on project
- Survey Manager - direct manager
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
Team Leadership/ Decision Making/ Planning and Organizing/ Developing Others:
- Expresses pride in the group and encourages people to feel good about their accomplishments
- Shares knowledge and resources and encourages the same of others
- Knowledge and implications of environmental conditions and effects on survey systems and data
- Knowledge of installation and configuration of technical software
- Full understanding of calibration requirements and procedures of the survey systems and sensors
- Ability to make objective decisions timely and effectively
- Excellent communication skills - written and oral
- Skill to recognize when decisions or information should be referred to a higher authority
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities
- Ability to plan, organise and direct the work of others
Health and Safety/ Technology/ Stress Management/ Flexibility:
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used in safety inspections and accident prevention
- Knowledge of principles, practices and methods of safety and health as it relates to employees and the public
- Skill to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments as well as adverse conditions such as weather, equipment problems and job conditions
Client Focus/ Communication/ Ethics and Integrity:
- Ability to determine and meet customer needs
- Ability to promote and be accountable for quality customer service
- Respond to clients in a positive and truthful manner
- Solves customer problems quickly and effectively
- Ensures that regular and consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- Maintain inter-office and project confidentiality
- Working as a team member/ getting along with co-workers
- Responding in a positive manner to supervision
- Electronics, electrical or Computer based science degree or equivalent relevant offshore experience
- Must have offshore marine construction experience
- Familiar with DGPS (C-Nav systems, Hemisphere systems), survey software (Eiva & 4D Nav), multibeam
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Packages
- Must have good knowledge of IT systems wrt to online navigation spreads.
- Sufficient offshore experience
- Working knowledge of Oil & Gas and Renewable industries technical specifications and standards
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.