Skills: Rigging / Scaffolding
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Execute inspections as required by Offshore Inspection Engineers (OIE) and Senior Inspection Engineer (SIE) and report back in the required approved format in a timely manor.
Supervise and coordinate ad-hoc NDT inspectors, 3rd party companies and/or NDT inspection teams on platform to ensure that they execute all ultrasonic testing, eddy current inspection, magnetic particle inspection, dye penetrant inspections and radiographic inspections on items of static equipment and associated piping in accordance with company, IRATA, client standards and regulatory requirements and ensure reports are in the correct format and submitted in a timely manner.
At times may be required to act as additional persons within the NDT inspection team to complete inspections in line with qualifications.
- Carry out the most effective NDT techniques to components requiring inspection
- Utilise rope access capabilities when required working at height for long periods of time
- Perform rope access inspection safely in harsh environments ensuring that regular breaks are taken
- Ensure that the correct rope access equipment is utilised and that harness is worn at all times
- Ensure that work area is safe to carry out rope access activities
- Ensure permits are in place for technicians and work-scope is readily available for inspection
- Evaluate results of the test in accordance with applicable specification
- Ensure inspection is carried out within the parameters of the applicable specification
- Produce clear and concise reports detailing the methods used and results of the inspection with isometrics or sketches showing the areas inspected and the results obtained. Report all findings noting any limitations / test restrictions is applicable
- Cross check all NDT reports to ensure the quality / results / scope of the report is correct, ensuring the correct procedure & technique is referenced, the equipment / consumables reported are correct and in calibration and the report is the correct revision. Once checked counter-sign as supervisor.
- Send signed sample reports to the office for audit purposes to cross check quality
- Report any near hit's, incidents-accidents and first aid actions as per Oceaneering procedure utilizing the correct report format
- Ensure client specific observation / safety cards are being completed daily by all technicians
- Perform regular safety and pre job tool box talks to technicians
- Carry out risk assessments/Take2 as required
- Supervise any radiography teams on the platform and ensure they are completing the radiography pre-post checklist sheets each day they perform radiography
- Perform routine technician feedback to management on their attitude, punctuality, safety performance and competence
- Ensure technicians annually perform technical monitoring audits as per qualified NDT discipline
- Ensure function tests are performed according to the procedure on all NDT and radiography equipment and any faulty equipment is detailed back to the supervisor
- Ensure UT technicians perform probe checks each day they perform UT inspection on site
- Maintain and control NDT equipment and consumables ensuring equipment/consumable registers are accurately updated and sent through to NDT Project Management
- Ensure and track all company inspection equipment on platform is calibrated and well maintained and report accordingly
- Ensure all consumables are in date and consumable certificate of conformance are present.
- Prior to packing any returned equipment check labelling is accurate, container is locked, and all equipment has been verified
- Support OIE in producing IQ's
- Maintain company's inspection files
- Carry out work in a timely and efficient manner in order to meet deadlines, changing priorities when the situation requires
- Carry out work in accordance with Oceaneering operating procedures and statutory/client specifications and requirements
- Undertake any other duties of a reasonable nature as required by Management
- Ensure that the safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment
- Directly supervises offshore NDT teams, whilst supporting the O.I.E. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, performing routine safety talks and resolving problems
- This person will report to the NDT Project Manager
- Performance will be measured by the NDT Project Manager and dotted line manager - Manager, Operations, IMDS Aberdeen
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
In order to perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education and/or Experience
Preferred associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; Minimum of 5 year experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in structural and mechanical drafting/design or related field.
Must also be familiar with QA/QC systems.
Minimum 1 year experience in the relevant inspection techniques within the oil and gas industry.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have complete knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PeopleSoft, Enovia, AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- ASNT/PCN L2 or CSWIP Visual Inspection
- CSWIP Plant Inspector L1 or equivalent
- Valid Passport
- ASNT/PCN Level 2 minimum in three disciplines
- IRATA L1 (minimum).
- Offshore Survival / Offshore Medical / M.I.S.T / Cat A E.B.S / Bi-Deltoid Measurement / Eye Test
- GCSE pass in English, Maths and Science
- Flexible approach, team player and good communication skills
- Excellent organisation and interpersonal skills
- EngTech accreditation with the Engineering Council or equivalent
- ASNT/PCN L2 in MPI and / or DPI
- DNVGL Class accreditation
- Phased Array and/or ToFD qualification
- Valid full UK driving licence
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.