Skills: Maintenance Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
To provide Risk, Reliability and Maintenance Engineering support in accordance with governing documents, quality and norms of BP. Develop maintenance routines for onshore and offshore oil and gas installations and manage activities in client Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supporting the Tortue Maintenance Manager, the role is responsible for leading & developing maintenance deliverables within the Operations Readiness Plan (ORP) including the Work Management System.
- Team leader, focal point and key stake holder for the Work Management System build.
- Leads and provides direction to the site teams and document controller for EPC data gathering to facilitate the maintenance build.
- Takes ownership and leads the individual build activities including: -
- Assembly of the Asset Register, Maintenance strategy development and application (including generic strategy's) Criticality assessment and allocation, PMR development and materials management.
- Ensures availability of build upload files for timely input into the SAP CMMS system.
- Produces and owns the maintenance build execution plan and associated build strategies.
- Applies the data standards to the build requirements and ensure compliance.
- Ensures that SCEs ECEs and Production critical equipment's are identified correctly and that the associated performance standards are incorporated and labelled within the CMMS and work execution systems and processes.
- Develops Regional maintenance strategy's for use during the build.
- Takes ownership of the production availability model (RAM)
- Develops and updates the TAR & Condition Monitoring Strategy's
- Provides input into operational spares procurement and selection.
- Represent Oceaneering on appropriate industry technical forums and seminars
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position may have direct supervisory responsibilities
- Degree in Engineering related discipline, Mechanical, Electrical or Process preferred
- Award of professional engineer status within local region e.g. CEng/EUR ING/PE
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Minimum 10 years of specific experience related to the job description
- Must be familiar with QA/QC systems/procedures and CMMS Systems
- Ability to generate a team approach to problem solving and a good communicator, both written and verbal
- Proficient in the use of engineering drawings
- Ability to generate a team approach to workflow execution and problem solving
- Provide leadership, co-ordination or guidance to others
- Good communicator, both written, verbal and technical to make complex terminology simple for the benefit of others
- Good client or support contractor relationship skills at various levels of seniority or diverse cultures
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the workplace
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
","title":"Principal Maintenance Engineer
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.