Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering AGV Systems, an Oceaneering International Company, develops, implements and markets Automated Guided Vehicle Systems (AGVs), navigation hardware, and software. We offer customized and automated transport solutions to efficiently, competitively and effectively meet the ever-increasing transport demands of various industries by increasing productivity, reliability, flexibility and safety standards through innovation, expertise and robustness. Oceaneering AGV Systems has been delivering automatic guided vehicle solutions to the world's leading companies for 30 years.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs).
**Please note this is a direct hire and as such no agency assistance is invited at this time - thankyou**
Duties & Responsibilities
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for implementing, developing, testing, supporting and installing our Linux based AGV software suite (both on a SCADA level and on an embedded/vehicle level). Working in a multidisciplinary team you will be responsible for making sure that the software systems meet the customer specifications and work within their site constraints. You provide both logistical and technical insight to create solutions that provide optimal automation performance. Given that we have global customers you are willing to travel and stay abroad for several weeks at a time. You are responsible for the successful installation at the customer site.
- Responsible for implementing, developing, testing and installing the supervisory control software;
- Responsible for implementing, developing and testing the control software for AGVs;
- Interfacing the vehicle software to vehicle control hardware such as motor controllers, proximity detectors, and wheel encoders;
- Commissioning and handover of AGVs to the customers at their site;
- Troubleshooting and fixing software issues;
- Testing the application software and interfaces to the vehicle;
- Writing requirements, detailed design documentation, and test cases;
- Providing support for field issues.
- Analyzing and modifying traffic and logic rules to optimize material flow and optimizing vehicle performance;
- Continuously improving our processes and procedures to optimize development efficiency;
- Additional duties as assigned.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Software Manager, OASYS
- Technical Bachelor degree, preferably in Computer Science, Automation Technology or Information Technology or equivalent work experience;
- Experience in writing application software for technical applications;
- Proficient with Linux and knowledgeable of the Windows operating systems;
- Experience with programming in Linux;
- Knowledge of object oriented analysis & design methodologies and design patterns;
- Experience with writing multithreaded software
- Experience with programming serial, CAN and network communications (UDP and TCP);
- Experience with writing control systems;
- Understanding of networking hardware and software including UDP and TCP;
- Experience with writing requirements, design documentation, and test cases;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Dutch and German is a plus;
- Ability to read, understand, debug and modify existing product code;
- Ability to act independently generating innovative solutions to complex problems;
- Ability to read and understand wiring diagrams;
- Experience with integrating with enterprise systems such as databases, ERP systems, and factory automation systems;
- Working knowledge of electronic and electromechanical devices such as analog inputs and outputs, quadrature encodes, relays, solenoids, proximity sensors, etc.;
- Customer focused attitude;
- Willingness to travel and stay abroad several weeks at a time during system installation;
- Ability to remain calm and professional in a demanding and dynamic work environment;
- Experience with programming in Java, C++ and C; Python.
- Experience with generating user interfaces in Java.
- Experience with XML and web services.
- Experience with issue tracking systems, preferably Jira.
- Experience with versions control systems, preferably Subversion.
- Experience with controlling autonomous robots.
- Experience with programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
How To Apply
Regular full-time employees who apply will be considered along with external candidates. Employees with less than six months with their current position are not eligible to apply for job postings. Please discuss your interest in the position with your current manager/supervisor prior to submitting your completed application. It is highly recommended to apply through the PeopleSoft or Oceanet portals.
","title":"Java Software Engineer
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.