Skills: Accounting, Financial Audit
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Responsible for making accounting entries into ledger for assigned area. Ensure entries are supported by backup and are in compliance with applicable accounting standards, company guidelines and entered in a timely manner. Provide support to accounting department for area of responsibility.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for performance of the general accounting functions/tasks, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, asset management, inventory, cost control and others
- Input/Review data for accounting KPIs
- Ensure entries are accurate and in compliance with company guidelines and applicable accounting standards
- Compile and analyze financial information to ensure completeness, accuracy, valuation, and presentation of all accounts by way of intercompany analysis, accruals, reconciliations & disclosures
- Prepare/Review balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with company guidelines and identify and resolve reconciling items, and unreconciled differences.
- Ensure operation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices. or provide recommendations to improve internal controls and policies to management and ensure compliance with those controls and policies within your assigned duties
- Support internal and external audit processes
- Continuing professional development
- Other duties as assigned inclusive of responsibilities outlined in the RASCI model related to your area of work.
- Travel to sites to understand the work being done as needed.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- This position will report to the Accounting Manager
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- Extensive accounting experience
- Good understanding of Local GAAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Part qualified towards a professional qualification like CA, CIMA, CPA, ACCA
- Working knowledge of current ERP system (PeopleSoft)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Strong analytical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Systematic, organized, flexible
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows:
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.