Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Energy Intelligence (EI) is seeking an experienced Sales Manager (SMEI) to lead revenue growth globally for its suite of software products and services. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual with experience with and a passion for selling SaaS and DaaS products. The right candidate will join a newly established team with a clear strategy to develop and grow the business and will as such be a key contributor to our journey and the single point for understanding VoC and translating that together with our products team, into compelling business cases for software products.
You can be based in any of our European Locations:
- Aberdeen, Scotland
- Rosyth, Scotland
- Stavanger, Norway
- Utrecht, Netherlands
- Trondheim, Norway
- Bergen, Norway
The role has a global remit, and the individual is expected to define the overarching sales and commercial strategies for EI and subsequently build, develop and manage a global salesforce and the business scales. The role is a key leadership role within EI and Oceaneering.
The SMEI is leading the sales function in planning, organizing, directing and coordinating sales activities for assigned EI to maximize sales volume and drive targeted profitable business segment growth. The SMEI will be responsible for gathering and reporting out accurate, relevant, and effective market data on the EI and developing strategic business and people plans to deliver all related goals and business needs.
The ideal candidate will have prior sales experience in selling SaaS and DaaS products in one or more of the following industries: Oil and Gas, Energy, Renewables, Processing, Chemicals or similar. The candidate possesses strong leadership abilities and a proven track record of delivering what is required at various levels.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages and/or supervisors and may lead a team of specialists.
- Executes long-term operational activities and innovations in coordination with IMDS BUs.
- Influences and implements short-term tactical decisions at higher levels in the organization.
- Applies advanced and functional knowledge of specialized area.
- Development and Execution of Go to Market strategies for all product lines
- Direct Sales and revenue generation across direct business streams
- Understand customers' needs and feedback to Product Management
- Contribute to the development of the value proposition for various client segments.
- Understand and delivers consistenty the overall objectives of the company (Oceaneering International, "OII") and fosters the expansion of OII. This will require close coordination with all IMDS BU's and other business groups, in regard to adding new products, expansion possibilities, business acquisition, inside and outside business influences, sales support, and overall goals and objectives.
- Provide strategic, day-to-day and tactical business and product developmental support and leadership, including relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Build, Develop and Lead the EI Sales team in setting and achieveing sales order intake and growth targets.
- Works with the IMDS Commercial Team in support of ongoing sales opportunities.
- This position must be integral with the Global Account Directors (GAD's), Salesforce and Bids & Proposals force in the various IMDS sites.
- Participate in the identification and execution of OII goals and objectives, and assist in updates and metrics while they are performed.
- Gather and report out market data on the business unit. This includes establishing total available market size and Oceaneering market share for the business unit. Develop and review market share data with BU head and develop strategic plans to increase market share.
- Implement Strategic and Conceptual Selling plans and Large Account Management Plans in collaboration with BU's to accommodate corporate goals.
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasting activities which includes established projects as well as opportunities.
- Review market analyses with BU head to determine customer needs and price trends.
- Monitor and evaluate the activities and products of the competition. This includes competitors market share of the region and globally, equipment volume and capabilities in the region and any strategic alliances for competiton.
- Coach and instruct sales team to understand customer's organizational structure, key decision makers and reporting relationships, purchasing process, and degree of influence of individuals involved in the purchasing process.
- Support the sales team in identification of opportunities to pursue, based on their fit with Oceaneering's strengths.
- Support the sales team to develop differentiators to help Oceaneering win at a price acceptable to management.
- Formulate a pricing strategy based on the customer's expectations, competitive situation, potential differentiators, and other factors. Communicate the pricing strategy to the proposal team, and justify it to the executive management that must approve the proposal.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- Travel including overseas as required
The following positions (may) report to this role :
- Sales Account Manager
- Technical Sales Manager
- Regional Sales representatives
- Reporting Relationship
- Reports to Director Energy Intelligence
- Principal Matrix ot Global Director of Sales, IMDS
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or Technical arena, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum ten (10) plus years of effective sales experience in the oilfield industry
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management systems, Spreadsheet software, Word Processing software and Presentation software.
- Experience in Business Development analytics and commercial strategies.
- Technically savvy and consistently up to date on the products and services OII offers.
- MBA from an accredited college or university or equivilent relavant experience.
- Leaership experience managing sales team.
This position is considered office work which may require travel and being located in manufacturing or other such locations which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.