Skills: QA / QC / Inspection, Welding
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Perform all activities necessary for Welding Inspection (piping and structural).
This role will require work on and offshore
Duties & Responsibilities
Weld Procedures including
- Reviewing WPS, PQRS, and welder qualifications
- Confirming that correct WPS is applied per weld map
- Witnessing mechanical and/or radiographic testing of weld qualifications
Visual Inspection including
- Edge preparation of base material
- Fit-up and alignment of joints
- Qualification of welders
- Confirming proper consumables are being used (including material and diameters)
- Confirming proper cleaning between passes
- Confirming proper machine settings
- Ensuring proper preheat and PWHT set-up and performance
- Verifying welders' identification on completed welds.
Nondestructive testing including
- Radiography technique and radiographic review
- Dye penetrant
- Magnetic particle
- Hardness test
- Positive material identification (pmi) test
- On-site chemical test
- Crack-depth indication
- All other nde tests, as required.
Shop Inspection Including
- Verifying proper handling and issuance of consumables
- Reviewing MTRS for base material and consumables
- Confirming traceability of materials (alloy, low-temperature carbon steel, pressure retaining components, and other critical materials)
- Monitor shop- welding documentation
- Verify proper handling of material
- Inspection of cladding processes and clad materials
- The inspector shall confirm piping schedules, plumb and level of piping systems
- Review Disciplines' Quality Control Documentation for Completeness.
- Note for Structural Fabrication Welding Inspection: In addition to the above activities, the inspector shall confirm dimensions and sizes of structural components during fabrication and erection, verify welding of appurtenances - such as ladders, walkways, handrails, etc.
- Note for Piping Fabrication Welding Inspection: In addition to the above activities, the inspector shall confirm piping schedules, plumb and level of piping systems.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Project Manager (PM) as line manager. Project Coordinator will support PM on issuing instructions or communications to employee.
- Daily contact and technical reporting to site client contact or client Quality Team representatives.
- Employee shall report the results of all vendor and construction site inspections on a weekly basis or more frequently as advised by client for a specific task. Inspection reports shall clearly show the items / activities inspected, inspection status, acceptance criteria, and follow-up action as necessary. Inspection reports shall be in a paper or electronic format as agreed to by client.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have complete knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- CSWIP 3.1/3.2 CWI or AWS CWI/SCWI
- ASNT Level II (UT, RT, PT, MT)
- 15 years' experience in Piping & Welding Inspection in the oil and gas industry.
- NACE Level II or equivalent painting/coating certification
- PCN or CSWIP Level II (UT, RT, PT, MT)
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of 10 years' experience in Piping & Welding Inspection in Oil and Gas Industry.
This position is considered ONSHORE FIELD WORK which is characterized as follows:
- Outdoors working on work site, day or night. Indoor office for reporting.
- Work sites can be warehouse, yard, vendor shop, construction site, industrial city
- Requires working on or near oil and gas plant equipment, pumps, skids, modules
- During summer season humidity is above 90%. Noise can be over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks/gases on adjacent work parties
- Potential exposure to airborne dust, fumes at work site
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated. Use of ladders and scaffold for some access.
- Confined space required but infrequent
- Working outside for extended periods of time in temperatures as high as 49°C.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
- Lift 20-50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, and work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identify color differences
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Lift 10-25 pounds
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead.
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.