Skills: Naval Architecture, Structural Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
To support implementation and maintain the Oceaneering Floating Systems integrity management service to ensure the continued integrity of our client's offshore production facilities. This service is to be in line with Oceaneering and Client's documentary requirements and legislation where applicable.
- Provide support to our clients which includes Integrity Management / Inspection Management / Maintenance activities for Floating Systems (both hull and topsides structures) in accordance with client contractual requirements
- Ensure projects are performed in accordance with industry codes/standards/Classification Rules, legislation, accreditation, and Oceaneering or Client policies/procedures
- Prepare and maintain Floating Systems (hull and topsides structures) Integrity and Inspection Management strategies and risk-based assessments
- Ensure the strategies are implemented with input to short and long term plans and activities in accordance with Client planning process
- Input to development of detailed inspection workpacks / work scopes for inspections and activities.
- Review hull and topsides structures Inspection Reports, including 3rd party NDE Reports, and confirm the inspections have been carried out as required by the strategies
- Input to the anomaly process and carry out first pass assessment of reported defects and consult with the Senior Engineer for any areas of concern
- Write accurate and concise reports which review, analyse, and trend integrity management and inspection data and provide informed recommendations for repair strategies
- Liaison with offshore inspection teams (including RAT, UAV & ROV) and attend technical or planning meetings to ensure excellence in delivery and an effective integrity service
- Undertake offshore, site visit or surveys as required
- Promote the use of innovative methods or specialist technology to provide a more efficient service
- Support the Line Manager in appropriate aspects of management of Oceaneering contract providing assurance on technical delivery and cost management
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position may have direct supervisory responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Naval Architecture or related discipline e.g. Structural, Mechanical
- Masters degree in related subject e.g. Naval, Structural, Mechanical
- Working towards award of professional engineer status within local region e.g. CEng/EUR ING/PE
- Offshore medical and survival certification
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Minimum 3 years of specific experience related to the job description
- Demonstrated understanding of floating systems and hull integrity methods
- Understanding of the application of Classification Society Rules for structures and mooring systems
- Understanding of inspection and NDE methods, and knowledge of Classification Society surveys
- Good communicator, both written, verbal and technical to make complex terminology simple for the benefit of others
- Good client or support contractor relationship skills at various levels of seniority or diverse cultures
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.