Skills: Rigging / Scaffolding
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
To ensure that all Rope Access activities are carried out safely and efficiently in accordance with company and statuary regulations and where applicable perform NDT / CVI inspection
- Supervise and direct rope access personnel to ensure operational efficiency with the implementation of the appropriate standards of safety, and quality control in rope access activities, according to Oceaneering procedures.
- Ensure that work area is safe to carry out NDT and Rope Access activities.
- Seek to continually improve existing safe systems and methods of work.
- Maintain contact with existing and potential customers and establish close relationships with them in order to promote the company's interests.
- Maintain the rope access equipment ensuring that the certification is kept up to date. On return to Stores all equipment must be cleaned and manifested to ensure that nothing is missing.
- All relevant paper work in the Rope Access work pack will be read, filled out, signed, and sent back to operations on completion of the project.
- When working an "ongoing" contract, the equipment will be left in a clean and tidy condition for the oncoming Level 3. All the equipment will be manifested, and all relevant paper work completed.
- Carry out risk assessments/Take II as required.
- Carry out the most effective NDT techniques to components requiring inspection.
- Ensure inspection is carried out within the parameters of the applicable specification.
- Ensure NDT equipment function tests are performed according to the procedure and any faulty equipment is detailed
- Evaluate results of the test in accordance with applicable specification
- Produce a clear and concise report detailing the methods used in and results of the inspection and all finding noting any limitations / test restrictions is applicable.
- Carry out work in a timely and efficient manner in order to meet deadlines, changing priorities when the situation requires
- Carry out work in accordance with Oceaneering operating procedures and statutory/client specifications and requirements
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Undertake any other duties of a reasonable nature as required by Management
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's rope access policies and applicable laws.
- This person will report to the NDT Project Manager
- Performance will be measured by the NDT Project Manager and dotted line manager - Manager Operations IMDS Aberdeen
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- E - IRATA L3 (minimum)
- E- ASNT/PCN L2 or CSWIP Visual Inspection
- E- Valid Passport
- E - Offshore Survival / Offshore Medical / M.I.S.T / Cat A E.B.S / Bi-Deltoid Measurement / Eye Test
- E- Thorough knowledge of rope access disciplines
- E - First Aid certificate
- P - ASNT/PCN Level 2 in one or more disciplines EC / UT / RAD / MPI / DPI
- P - GCSE pass in English, Maths and Science
- P - Valid Full UK driving license
- P - Flexible approach, team player and good communication skills
- P- Excellent organisation and interpersonal skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
In order to perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education and/or Experience
Minimum 4 years' experience in a rope access environment and a minimum of 2 years' experience in the relevant NDT inspection techniques within the oil and gas industry. Good working and understanding of Microsoft packages i.e. Word and Excel.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have complete knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PeopleSoft, Enovia, AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.