Skills: Mechanical Technician
Experience: 30 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering AGV Systems, an Oceaneering International Company, develops, implements and markets Automated Guided Vehicle Systems (AGVs), navigation hardware, and software. We offer customized and automated transport solutions to efficiently, competitively and effectively meet the ever-increasing transport demands of various industries by increasing productivity, reliability, flexibility and safety standards through innovation, expertise and robustness. Oceaneering AGV Systems has been delivering automatic guided vehicle solutions to the world's leading companies for 30 years.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs).
**Please note this is a direct hire and as such no agency assistance is invited at this time - thankyou**•
Duties & Responsibilities
The Lead Assembly Technician will be responsible for organizing, assembling and testing (EAT) the AGVs and infrastructural parts for the assigned project. He/She will be responsible for an efficient build of the engineering designs and will ensure all is produced and tested in accordance with the Oceaneering quality and safety guidelines. The production of these vehicles can vary in production scenarios from single build (prototype) products, final build products, small production batches to making ready for series production at 3 rd parties.
All of this will be guided and owned by you as the Lead Assembly Technician. Within this role you will be expected to own the build process and take responsibility for improving quality, eliminating process waste and guiding all stakeholders towards the desired result. You will become the owner for the assembled products you deliver. In case of issues caused by assembly you must be willing to own this challenge. You work closely with the project teams, Engineering departments and Quality teams and in working together ensure getting the best result possible.
- Responsible for the execution of the required assembly activities as assigned in projects.
- Will work with the assembly manager to establish an assembly plan and becomes responsible to make the schedule deadlines and meet the budget.
- Will work closely with the engineering department to manage change and develop the designs towards repeatable finished products.
- Responsible for capturing modifications and other changes during the production process and to communicate those to the Engineering department, Quality teams and other stakeholders.
- Able to work under demanding conditions in order to meet the deadlines and will own the challenges encountered along the way.
- Willing to work were needed on an assortment of different assignments, both inhouse as well on other production sites (internationally).
- Additional duties as assigned are applicable.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
This position has occasional direct supervisory responsibilities. Depending on the project structure you will be expected to lead the assigned assembly team(s) and oversee their performance as well as ensuring the targeted results. In other projects you might be expected to work alone or supervised by others.
You will report directly to the Assembly Manager and as assigned to the Project Manager of any given project.
- Has an HBO education (Mechatronics or similar) or can provide similar knowledge gained by experience.
- Has written and oral communication skills fluently both in English and Dutch, German is considered a plus .
- Direct hands-on experience in the areas of overseeing/managing of assembly work in a mechanical/electrical production environment with equipment similar in technology like the products delivered by Oceaneering AGV systems.
- Able to interact in a professional and constructive way with customers, managers, other technicians, as well as associates from other departments and must have the ability to work in a team-oriented environment, have a professional demeanor and be respectful to others.
- Understands mechanical and electrical fundamentals and can interpret and update mechanical and electrical drawings and work instructions
- Willingness to travel occasionally (30%) is essential.
- Willingness to work according to provided procedures.
- Customer focused with a pragmatic and flexible attitude.
- Having a personal interest in software programming is considered a plus.
- Utilizes good work ethics and must be willing to work overtime as required.
- Having a VCA diploma and a forklift certificate are an advantage.
- Ambition to grow and willingness to invest time in personal development.
- Having German written and oral communication skills is an advantage
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.