Skills: Project Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Cabinda, Angola
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
HSE Site Representative, Team Supervisors and NDT Supervisors.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To ensure the safe, efficient and profitable day-to-day operation of NDT Contract for CABGOC.
To provide leadership for the workforce as well as empowerment and support.
To be the Company Inspection representative on site.
Duties & Responsibilities
PRINCIPAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. To ensure that adequate commercial, technical and operational management is applied to the NDT Contract for CABGOC.
• Oversee planning, and organisation of allocation of resources and the workflow within the team to the required standards and time constraints.
• Supervise, and develop Malongo staff.
• Ensure all working procedures, practices and systems are followed and that accurate and detailed records are maintained.
• Liaise with clients as required, and ensure good relationships are maintained, and with internal departments to provide support as necessary.
• Liaise with clients regarding future personnel, and SIS requirements. Ensure that suitable lead in times are given to enable recruitment of additional personnel, and that SIS requirements are formally requested in a timey manor.
• Manage service contracts where applicable, and ensure projects are completed to deadlines, and in accordance with requirements.
• Manage personnel carrying out field investigations, and inspections.
• Ensure that our contractual Angolanisation commitments are met, and appropriate records maintained.
• Ensure that adequate personnel records are maintained on site to meet internal requirements, to enable ASNT re certification to be carried out by continuous assessment. Additionally liaise with the Operations Manager Angola / Training Department to ensure that appropriate courses and examinations are scheduled to maintain all NDT, and rope access qualifications of Malongo based site personnel.
• Ensure that adequate records of all inspection reporting is maintained onsite.
• Ensure that adequate equipment, and consumable inventory is maintained onsite at all times to meet contractual commitments.
• Ensure that a suitable inventory control system is in place, and maintained on the Malongo site. Additionally supervise, and implement regular stock takes at all work sites in Malongo.
• Ensure that all personnel issue equipment/consumables are returned to stores from personnel leaving site.
• Ensure that adequate numbers/strength of radioactive isotopes are onsite at all times to meet contractual commitments.
Ensure that detailed/concise handovers are given each rotation to ensure a smooth transition over to the back to back superintendent. These should include but not be limited to all operational, personnel, logistical, training, discipline, commercial, and, HSE issues.
2. Financial and Commercial
• Ensure the profitable day to day operation of the Malongo Inspection business. Optimise the commercial effectiveness of the workforce in Malongo.
• Assist Operations management in preparing monthly forecasts for Malongo operations.
• Ensure that accurate, adequate and timely information is provided to the admin/ops team to administer, and run Malongo payroll.
• Act as local Malongo interface with clients regarding payments, and outstanding invoices for services rendered.
• Supervise all commercial aspects of the Malongo operation. Including but not limited to subcontractors, logistics, and local procurement.
• Sign off as correct all invoices, timesheets and billings to the work prior to forwarding to the Operations Manager Angola for approval and processing.
3. Business Development
• Analyse and identify new business opportunities in Malongo.
• Optimise the growth opportunities in Malongo.
• Ensure that safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to in order to ensure a safe working environment.
• Supervise the Inspection HSE Representative. To lead by example and actively participate in core HSE processes.
• Ensure that HSE reporting of core processes, incident management and investigation meets both internal, and client expectations.
• Supervise, and actively participate in Safety Meetings, and tool box talks.
• Supervise, and actively participate in regular HSE and radiation safety audits.
• Ensure that Radiation Safety procedures are adhered to at all times, and that required documentation is kept updated (Local Rules).
• Ensure that radioactive material management procedures are adhered to at all times.
• Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
• Perform assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
• Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING:
Relevant NDT qualifications preferred, but not essential.
10 years experience in an inspection or NDT environment
6 years experience in a Supervisory role
Knowledge of NDT and Inspection Operations
Microsoft Excel and Windows
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.