Skills: Business Development
Experience: 30 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering AGV Systems, an Oceaneering International Company, develops, implements and markets Automated Guided Vehicle Systems (AGVs), navigation hardware, and software. We offer customized and automated transport solutions to efficiently, competitively and effectively meet the ever-increasing transport demands of various industries by increasing productivity, reliability, flexibility and safety standards through innovation, expertise and robustness. Oceaneering AGV Systems has been delivering automatic guided vehicle solutions to the world's leading companies for 30 years.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs).
**Please note this is a direct hire and as such no agency assistance is invited at this time - thankyou**
Duties & Responsibilities
The Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying strategic business opportunities and developing and delivering business strategies and results based on market intelligence and key industry relationships.
- Support leadership to set the overall objectives for the AGV business and provide input, guidance and leadership to the organization.
- Develop market analysis, sales strategies and action plans for identified targets of opportunity for the European market and the US market.
- Work closely with leadership to explore growth strategies and to develop customer relationships.
- Develop new relationships through client interface with the goal of increasing global business and maintain existing customers.
- Collaborate with internal marketing and engineering departments.
- Provide input to bids and proposals team through insight based on customer interactions, market intelligence and experience.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
- Prepare detailed business plan for growth.
- Network in Industry with clients and with other business prospects.
- Support BID and proposals with market data, price and discount rates.
- Domestic and international travel up to 25% of the time to establish customer relationships
- Additional duties as assigned.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports directly to the Director, Business Development.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or a related field.
- Demonstrated results with experience in business development or related experience.
- Effective communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with local and remote team members with different cultural backgrounds.
- Strong presentation, influencing and persuasion skills.
- Excellent interviewing skills including active listening and empathy.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet hard deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.