Skills: Civil Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Novi, Michigan, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is hiring Materials Technicians to join our team in Southeast Michigan. Wood EI&S provides construction materials testing and quality control services to a variety of clients from civil contractors to state and federal agencies. Our work spans many sectors including oil & gas, mining, hydro power development, highway infrastructure, municipal infrastructure, and commercial and industrial developments.
This position is fulltime, permanent and offers exciting and valuable opportunities for the motivated candidate to become trained in key aspects of our other related lines of business including environmental sciences, site assessment, remediation, earth sciences and geotechnical engineering. The position may include rotational work both within the state as well as outside Michigan on field projects, typically comprising of two-four weeks in the field. However please note that positions can extend past this timeline. For these projects, mobilization, accommodations and meal cost will be provided or reimbursed.
- Perform field and laboratory testing and inspections for concrete, soils, aggregates, and asphalt in accordance with relevant standards
- Obtaining field samples and conducting Soil and asphalt compaction testing
- Preparation of field compaction reports, laboratory testing reports, and other office assignments
- Ensuring field and laboratory equipment is maintained, repaired, and calibrated as required
- Maintain equipment, inventory and records required for an AASHTO certified laboratory
- Identify and develop new business opportunities
- Adhering to all company safety rules and policies
Skills / Qualifications
- Academic background in Civil Engineering Technology as asset
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician - Grade I as asset
- ACI Concrete Strength Testing Technician as asset
- Familiar with civil construction practices and relevant testing standards
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite including Word and Excel
- Familiar with Quality Management Systems
- Strong written, verbal communication and people management skills
- Able to work independently in an office / laboratory setting and liaise with local office manager and supervisors
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving experience
- Travel out of town and willing to work overtime and extended hours
- Comfortable working at heights up to 600+ feet
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.