Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Wood is seeking a Senior Project Engineer to join their Operations Team in St. John's.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Development of assigned project scope, including estimate and schedule.
- Management of assigned project scope in line with Wood's Project Management Procedures.
- Liaise with Client Representative on project scope definition and acceptance.
- Liaise with Project Controls personnel to produce project reporting requirements.
- Liaise and coordinate with Wood's multi-discipline engineering team on scope definition and project execution from project kick-off, to detailed engineering, to construction, and through to close-out of assigned projects.
- Maintain quality focus on engineering deliverables.
- Extensive interface management with the Client and other third-party companies.
- Foster strong and positive customer relationships.
- Travel offshore as required.
Skills / Qualifications
Candidates should possess the following skills/qualifications :
- Engineering Degree and Professional Engineer registered (or eligible for registration) with the Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador, with relevant work experience.
- A minimum of 8+ years of project management experience in oil and gas industry, with a proven track record of delivering on schedule and budget.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and / or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved may also be considered.
- Have the ability to communicate at all levels of both internal and client organization.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and must be self - starters who take ownership of tasks through to completion with success.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.