Skills: Engineering Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood is currently seeking a Project Engineering Manager to join our Mining & Minerals team in Oakville, Ontario. The Project Engineering Manager will apply extensive and comprehensive knowledge of engineering principles and practices to the organization's products and services. The Engineering Manager will plan, schedule and assign/supervise or conduct broad and/or technically complex engineering assignments requiring judgment, independent evaluation, selection and significant adaptation and deviation from standard techniques and procedures.
- As the Subject Matter Expert, will manage a team of Engineers and Designers on specific projects, including the planning and coordinating of engineering activities on large projects or serving as an individual expert, completing broadly defined and/or technically complex engineering assignments.
- Interface between Engineering and the other disciplines on the project including Process Engineering, Project Controls, Project Management, Procurement, Contracts, Construction, suppliers and the client team.
- Manages the progress of the engineering work in accordance with the project scope, schedule and procedures, and meets quality standards within baseline job hours and budgets.
- Identifies and secures necessary approvals for all changes in project scope, budget and schedule in a timely manner.
- Works with Discipline Leads to ensure that staffing levels are appropriate to achieve the engineering schedule commitments and personnel are assigned with appropriate ability.
- Gives presentations to customers, suppliers and internally within the organization.
- Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; takes responsibility for subordinates' actions.
- Establishes and maintains a climate favourable to the application of ethical and professional practices in the execution of the engineering work.
- Maintains a close working relationship with the Client Engineering Manager to ensure direct, rapid and efficient communications on all technical aspects of the project.
- Serves as the engineering representative with the client, constructor, subcontractors, and vendors at Kick-Off meetings, job walks and project review meetings.
- Helps drive the company environmental, health and safety programs at the project level, driving a safety-oriented approach to work.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or Master of Engineering
- Minimum 10-15years' experience in engineering, and engineering management in an EPC/EPCM environment, with a preference for individuals with a proven track record in Mining / Metallurgical Projects
- Understanding of how the various discipline engineering activities integrate into a complete project
- Good knowledge of design processes and systems
- Prior experience managing multidiscipline engineering teams
- Must possess leadership and coaching skills in the development, training and mentoring of team members and support staff
- Excellent written and oral skills, and the ability to work and communicate effectively with customers and vendors
- Ability to work with administrative supervision and effectively manage multiple and conflicting priorities
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in Ontario will be considered an asset
- Must be eligible to work in Canada, without sponsorship
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.