London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Structural Engineering, Environmental Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
About The Opportunity
To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for a Senior Engineer experienced in the development of outline and detailed design solutions for flood risk management and other river engineering and drainage projects.
You will be participating in projects for the Environment Agency (both regionally and nationally), Local County Councils, and other public and private clients including Water Companies, Highways England and Network Rail. Responsibilities include:
- Carrying out and coordinating design of flood risk management and river engineering solutions at all stages of projects, from inception through to detailed design and construction support.
- Appraisal of flood risk costs and benefits
- Technical and business case reporting
- Checking and reviewing of calculations and technical deliverables
- Producing Designers Health & Safety and Public Safety Risk Assessments
- Leading and mentoring junior colleagues through their technical and professional development
- Liaising with clients, hydraulic modellers, architects and other design team members
- Multi-disciplinary design coordination
Here's What You'll Need
Well established within your career you are comfortable with a variety of roles. With well-developed knowledge of River Engineering, you have applied this in supervising, coordinating and supporting of junior staff. You are proactive and use your initiative to drive projects and are happy to take ownership of client relationships and contribute to business development and project management. Enthusiastic about planning and delivering innovative and sustainable schemes to manage flooding, you wish to work on increasingly complex projects and build your skills in project management, business development and leadership.
- Undergraduate degree (2:1 or above) in Civil Engineering
- Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse team
- Excellent literacy, communication, analytical and numeracy skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Chartered or approaching chartership with ICE or CIWEM
- Experience in the development of outline and detailed design solutions for flood risk management schemes
- Experience in preparing business cases for flood risk management schemes
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here .
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.