About Jacobs Nuclear & PPP:
Jacobs Nuclear is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is a 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects. We are looking to recruit high value expertise from across regulated and comparable sectors to work in a collaborative environment. PPP is delivering major projects, site wide improvements and provision of supporting services.
Jacobs Nuclear provides the front end design and engineering capability across the PPP portfolio. Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to drive change and innovation inengineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world. We are looking for people who are passionate about developing themselves and in meeting new challenges .
As a result of increasing demand for our services, there are significant opportunities for you, as a Mechanical Designer to support a key project within the nuclear business.
The requirement is for full time support to the Mechanical Design Team to help define and deliver the identified scope across streams (BOP / HA / MA / SNM). Day to day activities will include:
- Work alongside Mechanical Design Lead and Mechanical Engineer to develop engineering concepts
- Develop design concepts into scheme drawings and translate into General Arrangement, Sub-Assembly and detail drawings in accordance with British Standard and client specifications.
- Work alongside and support Designer grade team members
- Liaise with other engineering disciplines
- Prepare for and attend design reviews as required
- Prepare for and attend HAZOPS as required
- Mechanical handling experience
- In-Cell/Nuclear Containment Design Experience
- Minimum HNC/BTEC
- Competent in the use of 2D and 3D computer aided drafting packages
- Knowledge of relevant drawing standards BS8888, BS5070 and BS EN 61082 - Relevant experience in the Nuclear Industry
- Knowledge and experience of the SL design process
- Knowledge and experience of SL standards
- Awareness of 'Designer Role' CDM regulatory requirements
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Work on similar Projects on Sellafield site