Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom
Wood Process & Energy are seeking a Principal Electrical Engineer to support on a large Pharmaceutical EPC Framework. This is a staff role based in our Bellshill Office, Glasgow. This would welcome applicants with a background in Pharmaceuticals.
Purpose / Role
- Perform the duties of a Principal Electrical Engineer within the Electrical Discipline
Key aims and objectives
- Execute project electrical engineering activities (Study, Concept, Front End Engineering Development, & Detailed Design)
- Management of third party suppliers in the execution of Engineering delivery.
- Deputise for the Lead Electrical Engineer as required
- Support and supervise tasks delegated to direct reports / respective team
- Mentor junior team members within the electrical function.
- Assist in competency and training
Responsibilities and duties
- Possess superior knowledge in the field of electrical engineering.
- Maintain the required technical quality of work
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures
- Be responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance
- Achieve high safety standards
- Carry out work in accordance with company and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems
- Prepare estimates and schedules and assist in their review
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process
- Ensure that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule
- Maintain planning and cost control on all scopes
- Maintain good communication with the client and other stakeholders
- Maintain discipline filing system
Skills / Qualifications
- MSc, MEng or equivalent professional qualification or BSc, BEng or equivalent with extensive relevant experience or HNC / HND or equivalent with relevant considerable experience in electrical engineering.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Chartered Engineer and member of appropriate engineering institution
- Experience gained within Pharmaceuticals; however Building Services/ Oil & Gas backgrounds shall be considered.
- Extensive knowledge of process related industries.
- Knowledge of COMAH and CDM regulations
- Experience operating in a Workshare environment
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.