Skills: Project Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an experienced project administrative assistant who is a proactive and positive individual, well organized and able to work calmly under pressure. You will be flexible and able to work closely with other team members to ensure that a high standard of service delivery is maintained.
- Managing document control system for department projects
- Review of project data, contract and change order documentation approvals, project opening, and closure etc.
- Supporting Project Managers with project financials
- Provide administrative support to project teams
- Arrange project meetings including project reviews
- Arrange travel, vehicle bookings, and fleet management as needed for field staff
- Timesheet support and Time and Expense entry for field staff, as required
- Support the document specialist with the formatting, editing, proofreading, and word processing tasks for your discipline using Microsoft Word to Wood corporate standards.
- Prepare, edit and assemble reports, proposals, statements of qualification and PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Update team resumes and upload to database
- Train new staff on company applications (deltek, portal etc.)
- Arrange team meeting, take minutes and distribute
- Assist with the coordination of travel for senior staff along with their expense report documentation if requested
- Archiving of project files
- Attend training and update calls for CRM, Vision, Canada Fleet Ops etc.
Skills / Qualifications
- Experience of working within engineering or similar industry preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Pro is an asset
- Ability to coordinate with other and work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to organize workload, identify urgent work items and set priorities
- Ability to creatively solve problems
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.