Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Under general direction from the Director, Compliance, the Compliance Advisor will actively coordinate Compliance functions for the ENGIE Global Energy Markets US (GEM US) reporting scope. You will advise and support the growth and development of the GEM US Market Compliance Program including development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, procedures, exception reporting, and training. Responsible for continuous improvement, you will coordinate projects across the organization, perform certain regulatory reporting across multiple regulators, and lead working teams to accomplish goals while maintaining a system of internal controls.
What you'll do:
- Monitor compliance with all Exchange, CFTC (Dodd-Frank), FERC, PUC, and ISO rules and regulations, including anti-manipulation policies.
- Evaluation and documentation of exceptions identified through the GEM US trade and communications surveillance program.
- Coordinate responses to inquiries and subpoenas from the regulatory agencies above.
- Maintain all market regulatory policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate an active compliance program including KPI's, training, and monitoring.
- Work with business unit general counsel and business control staff, aggregate all regulatory reporting requirements pertaining to the CFTC, FERC, and PUCs.
- Catalog and monitor GEM US Regulatory Requirements.
- Develop internal documentation to demonstrate a robust internal compliance program to federal and state regulators.
- Engage consultants and other GEM personnel to monitor and implement changes necessary to meet evolving regulatory requirements.
- Acts as a team member with all employees of GEM US staff.
- Comply with all GEM US policies and procedures.
What you bring:
- Knowledge of Aligne system of record, ICE Website, trade surveillance software (e.g. Validus, SMARTS), communications surveillance software (e.g. Global Relay, Whistler), ICE Chat (Messenger) , ICE, CME Clearport, Nodal Exchange, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office, Legal Entity Identification registration/renewals and the Federal Register & FERC.gov website.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Seven to Ten years of relevant, progressively advancing energy industry experience with previous experience in regulatory filings.
- Knowledge of FERC, CFTC (including Dodd-Frank), Exchange and ISO rules. Expertise in use of Microsoft Excel and Aligne.
- Knowledge of the Master Agreements such as ISDA, EEI, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Credit, Middle Office, Legal, Front Office Personnel and external consultants.
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Mar 26, 2021