Join the Technical Accounting team for ENGIE North America as a Senior Technical Accountant. In this role, you will be responsible for technical accounting processes including financial reporting, accounting for derivatives, and accounting research.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for monthly market to market derivative accounting, including reserve application in accordance with International Finance Reporting Standards (IFRS) and ENGIE policies, related deferred tax reporting, balance sheet netting, and related footnote disclosures.
- Responsible for hedge accounting application for commodity, interest rate, and foreign currency swaps, including calculation of ineffectiveness and deferred taxes. Preference will be given to candidates that have prior experience in preparing hedge documentation under both IFRS and US GAAP.
- Assesses contracts to determine proper accounting, including revenue recognition, derivatives, and leases. Identifies other accounting or disclosure implications under both GAAP and IFRS. Performs technical accounting research and drafts accounting analysis documentation.
- Performs and reviews other derivative, technical accounting, create adhoc reports for executive management as directed, and other duties as assigned.
- Supports external and internal audit for scope of responsibility including preparation of audit support and investigation of audit issues.
- Identifies and advises on technical issues for business units and business development projects.
- Supports the implementation of new accounting standards and maintains effective system of internal controls for scope of responsibility.
What you bring:
- 5-7 years relevant experience required with 2+ years Big 4 a plus.
- Bachelor's degree required in Accounting or MIS. Master's degree is preferred.
- CPA or equivalent (such as a Chartered Accountant) is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, specifically, the ability to communicate effectively with internal customers and external auditors.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills, primarily to internal customers.
- A self-starter who takes ownership of assigned tasks.
- Strong knowledge of and research skills in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and US GAAP. Experience with IFRS 9/ASC 815: Derivatives and Hedging, IFRS 16/ASC 842: Leasing, and IFRS 15/ASC 606: Revenue Recognition is a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams). Advanced Excel and Microsoft Access and/or SQL proficiency is preferred.
- Ability to convey complex accounting issues in a manner that executives can understand and act upon
- Ability to convey complex accounting issues in a manner that executives can understand and act upon.
- Ability to manage multiple projects across different business lines and departments and assist other staff when needed.
- Deadline driven and able to plan ahead to ensure smooth close processes.
- Work in time sensitive environment; may be outside of usual US business hours.
- Knowledge of US and/or Canadian energy markets is preferred.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Mar 26, 2021