Skills: Engineering Manager, Metallurgist / Materials Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting a Senior Study Manager to join its Perth office in the Mining and Minerals business. Wood is leading some of the world's most technically challenging mining and minerals projects across a range of commodities and continents, including the new wave of battery metal opportunities. Join our team of likeminded, agile industry peers who are highly qualified, experienced and recognised industry innovators to create new possibilities.
In this highly visible position as a leading Senior Study Manager at Wood you will:
- Manage, execute and deliver best practice systems and processes in designated studies and consulting services, in alignment with Wood's objectives and client requirements
- Manage and direct designated study teams to ensure profitability and reimbursability
- Be the primary point of contact for all communications with clients relating to designated studies and consulting services
- Ensure engineering teams consider safety in design and actively participate in HAZOP studies and design reviews
- Manage the process of preparation of designated study documents to ensure quality and accuracy of information
- Contribute to the establishment, development and continuous improvement of systems and practices to enable studies and consulting services to be delivered more effectively and efficiently
- Proactively assist in identifying business opportunities and develop new and existing client relationships
Skills / Qualifications
This position would suit existing experienced study managers in an EPCM environment or senior managers in metallurgical operations with exposure to study/project work. The ability to comprehend whole of mine operations from orebody to market and the related technical and economic interactions within such systems is important. As such the successful candidate will have more than 15 years' relevant post graduate experience.
With relevant qualifications in Metallurgical / Chemical / Mechanical / Electrical engineering, you will also have some or all of the following:
- Superior client relationship and internal team management skills
- Extensive experience leading and managing engineering studies for metallurgical projects
- Proven leadership skills in managing multiple discipline teams within an EPCM or operating environment
- Knowledge of process plant design, construction, commissioning and operation and associated infrastructure
- Ability to manage risk consistent with technical and commercial requirements
- Experience developing proposals, budgets and schedules for new studies
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix structure, liaising with and securing resources from functional heads and working groups
- Innovation and solutions focused
- An understanding of change management and the ability to translate this understanding into appropriate action
- Excellent analytical, literacy and numerical skills
Join this innovative team and become part of the Wood community!
To apply for this role you must have the right to work in Australia.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.