Skills: Contracts Administration
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Wood is currently seeking expressions of interest for a potential Contract Manager to manage a maintenance contract from our Melbourne office. The position will be the contract focal point in delivering maintenance services to our client throughout the region. The ideal candidate will develop and manage the strategies for the delivery of maintenance activities on the contract as well as managing relationships with employees and the client.
- To be a leader in safety; leading by example, promoting, demonstrating and supporting safe working practices in all activities
- Provide managerial level safety leadership through leading and active participation at safety meetings and inspections
- Ensure reviews of training and competence requirements of delivery leadership team to ensure effective and efficient leadership skill set development. Review to ensure they are effectively linked to personal development plans for supervisors. Roll out improvements in direct report's individual safety performance
- Responsible for all maintenance activities, ensuring safe and efficient execution of tasks
- To provide the prime interface between work planning and work execution, ensuring that work is correct first time, completed on time, and cost effective within the budgetary framework
- In collaboration with Superintendents, Supervisors and site managers develop and implement robust, visible and effective monitoring & reporting of Delivery performance
- Provide appropriate support to Superintendents and field supervisors
- Review and strive to improve the operational efficiency of the delivery team, focusing on innovation and customer level of service requirements
- IR management - ability to handle Industrial Relations issues and ensure that issues that need additional support are identified to the Industrial Relations Coordinator in a timely fashion
- Provide leadership and influence to our people in the delivery of our services to meet our customers' requirements based on our core values
Skills / Qualifications
- Previous experience managing a maintenance contract will be highly regarded
- Experience in the water and/or oil and gas industry will be highly regarded
- Professional qualification or equivalent with relevant considerable experience
- Strong commercial acumen with experience working across different commercial models in the maintenance sector
- Demonstrate balance of industrial relations experience at relevant level and position
- Intellectually capable, can substantiate the ability to apply theory in a particular context
- Professional demeanour, interpersonal skills
- Able to demonstrate team working skills
- Enthusiastic, conscientious and keen to learn
- Flexible with a can-do attitude
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you're an experienced, Contracts Manager ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.