Skills: Facilities Management, HR - Trainer / Instructor
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking expressions of interest for a Superintendent to be based in our Melbourne office and supporting a high profile maintenance contract in the region. The ideal candidate will provide leadership to the workforce and on site teams whilst building strong relationships with the client and delivering against contract KPI's and business objectives whilst driving continuous improvement.
- Ensure safety focus is maintained at site and create a positive safety culture that enhances the wellbeing of our personnel
- Ensure team's compliance with Wood and our clients quality, safety, environmental, technical procedures, policies, SMI instructions, relevant standards and practices as required, performing compliance checks from time to time.
- Improve the effectiveness of the delivery team. Advising, encourage and challenge the status quo and owning the continuous improvement of our delivery to the client.
- Advise the Contract Manager on delivery performance and effectiveness in KPI compliance, with focus on identifying areas for improvement.
- Review and improve the systems of work that are in place to effectively manage manpower, materials, tools and equipment.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and guidance to the team to ensure the development of team members
Skills / Qualifications
- Professional or trade qualification with considerable experience
- Previous experience as a superintendent on maintenance contracts within Water, Utilities or Oil and Gas industries will be highly regarded
- Enthusiastic, conscientious and keen to learn
- Professional demeanour, interpersonal skills
- Able to demonstrate team working skills
- Flexible with a can-do attitude
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you're an experienced, Superintendent ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.