Skills: Maintenance Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Wood is currently seeking expressions of interest for Maintenance Supervisors with either Mechanical and/or Electrical & Instrumentation background to be based in our Melbourne office and supporting a high profile maintenance contract in the region. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the mechanical or civil or electrical maintenance delivery on site to a quality standard that enables contract maintenance obligations and key performance indicators to be reached and maintained.
- Lead their team to achieve safe, cost effective, quality activities; completing maintenance plans to schedule and budget
- Coordinate processes to achieve required KPI outcomes
- Ensure team's compliance with Wood and our clients quality, safety, environmental, technical procedures, policies, SMI instructions, relevant standards and practices as required, performing compliance checks from time to time.
- Ensure that the team's workload is scheduled and progressed efficiently
- Spend time with work crews in field conducting safety walks, quality checks and general supervision and oversight of work.
- Manage urgent work, including the dispatch and allocation of work orders
- Review and approve invoices for works complete
- Monitor, control and set quality inputs, outputs and expectations of the team performance
- Regular communication with employees and client to ensure good relationships
Skills / Qualifications
- Mechanical, Electrical or Instrumentation trade qualification with considerable experience
- Previous experience as a supervisor on maintenance contracts within Water, Utilities or Oil and Gas industries will be highly regarded
- Enthusiastic, conscientious and keen to learn
- Professional demeanour, interpersonal skills
- Able to demonstrate team working skills
- Flexible with a can-do attitude
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you're an experienced, Superintendent ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.