When it comes to environmental consulting, we're focused on cleaning up our communities today to improve tomorrow. We're looking for a developing Civil/Environmental Engineer in the field of waste management to support a variety of projects including permitting, planning, design, and construction services for solid waste handling facilities. Projects will include transfer stations, recycling facilities, moderate risk waste facilities, landfill cells, closure systems, landfill gas and leachate control systems, coal combustion residuals, and environmental site remediation.
Based in Seattle, you'll use your knowledge to apply the appropriate tools and systems to organize and deliver projects. You'll be the face of Jacobs as you demonstrate superior service in the delivery of projects that exceed the needs of our clients. As part of a diverse team of engineers and scientists, you'll deliver designs, studies and field assignments. You'll apply your technical skills as you prepare 3D models to analyze existing and proposed conditions and inform development of designs, write technical reports, and develop drawings and specifications for design projects. The project team will look to you to coordinate changes to drawings and specifications and to develop cost estimates and conduct quantity takeoffs for design projects. You'll conduct field work, occasionally at hazardous waste locations, and serve as a Jacobs representative on construction sites. While on site, you'll facilitate communication between construction and office staff and write detailed field reports.
Continue your environmental career at Jacobs - where we'll empower you to learn and grow as you deliver environmental projects that make our world better.
At Jacobs, we're partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you'll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.Qualifications:
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
- BS or MS degree in Civil or Environmental engineering
- Professional civil design experience
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification and ability to obtain a PE certification in the next 3 years
- Experience working with local municipalities in the Seattle area on solid waste projects
- Professional experience with a consulting firm serving solid waste clients
- Familiarity with 3D surface modeling software A
- dept at interpersonal relationship building, conflict resolution, and participating in diverse teams
- Strong technical writing skills
- Desire to work on field projects for short or long periods of time