Skills: Contracts Administration, Energy / Commodity Trading, Contracts Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Brussels, Belgium
About Eni Global Energy Markets (EGEM)
Starting from 1 January 2021, EGEM is active in the international trading of gas, power, CO2 (as a single interface between Eni and the markets), LNG and oil derivatives. It is a global, integrated approach designed to make the most of Eni's network of contacts and wide asset portfolio. In turn, EGEM helps to optimise the management of Eni's assets, promoting collaboration within the organisation and devising advanced risk-management solutions. EGEM enhances Eni's unique position as a European leader in the gas sector, acting as a specialised hub for trading and commodity risk management.
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for:
- Drafting and negotiating industry standard trade contracts for physically and financially settled energy commodity trading, such as EFET, ISDA, CSA CPMNA and other and bespoke documents, such as Brokerage Agreements and Regulatory Reporting Agreements;
- Interfacing with the relevant business units at EGEM, i.e. Credit & KYC, Legal, Commercial, Tax, Regulatory;
- corresponding with external counterparties;
- Preparing contractual documents, letters and notes;
- Preparing briefing notes and approval forms in association with contractual negotiations;
- Reviewing and monitoring contractual compliance;
- General administration and document management through the life circle of contracts.
- Attending commercial contracts priority meetings.
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements :
- University qualified in a relevant discipline;
- Extensive experience in a similar role;
- Work experience within the energy industry and trading business;
- Understanding of European power, gas and carbon market, gained in a similar role within an energy trading company;
- Excellent understanding of and experience drafting and negotiating general framework agreements used in the European energy trading world;
- Knowledge and exposure to understanding of the compliance trading policies and procedures; understanding of the latest developments in the energy trading compliance arena and regulations;
- Knowledge of management techniques for the commodity energy industry;
- Commercially aware and experience in a client facing role;
- Highly motivated and well organized with a proactive approach to problem solving;
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and work autonomously as well as collaboratively with the team;
- Ability to build and develop the relationships with the business client and external customers;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite;
- Full command of English (written and spoken) language and knowledge of Italian will be beneficial.
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity, and lifelong learning.
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates' personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process .
Together we have greater energy.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.