Senior Subsea Structural Engineer Location:
Contract - PAYE Basis
Our client is looking for a Senior Subsea Structural Engineer to join the Structures & Piping team based in the South East.
Specialising in the design and analysis of Subsea Structures and providing structural engineering support to several other project disciplines SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide specialist skills, integrity and knowledge in key areas of subsea structural design engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice.
- Provide in-place design, transportation, lifting, deployment, retrieval analyses and sea-fastening design of the offshore structures for projects.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND BEHAVIOURS
- Originator, Checking and Approval of design reports including detailed analysis and calculations, in accordance with acknowledged industry codes, standards, design guidelines, client specifications and scopes of work.
- Effectively closing internal and external review comments to get the design approved for construction.
- Engineering support to Drawing Office and issuance of fabrication drawings at AFC.
- Data Sheets, Tender documents, FEED study reports and various third-party submissions.
- Weight Reports and MTO.
- Support package engineering and management on large structural material procurement packages.
- Provide structural analysis for various subsea structures, rigging/lifting equipment and sea fastening arrangements utilizing NSO/ISYMOST and ABAQUS software.
- Coordinate structural engineering support to the execution of multi-discipline projects in line with defined budget and schedule.
- Understanding of Piping, Connector Types, Valves and Forgings.
- Liaise with associated disciplines and understand the interfaces within a project.
- Provide specialist structural engineering to other subsea related disciplines, assist with offshore and fabrication yard interfaces.
- Provide specialist structural support to Tenders, FEEDs and EPIC Phases.
- Coach and mentor junior graduate engineers
- Experience of designing Flowline Structures (FLETs, ILS), manifolds, suction piles and Installation Aids including Sea-fastening.
- Proven Knowledge of Pipelay Methods and Pipelay Vessels.
- Familiarity of industry codes (API, AISC, DNV, ISO), standards and design guidelines
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the use of 3D Finite Element Analysis for the design of subsea components such as Mudmat, YOKE, Anchor Flanges, Bulkheads etc.
- Deliver structural analysis work on projects, with the ability to support package engineering and management.
- Provide structural engineering support to the execution of multi-discipline Tenders, FEEDs and EPIC phases.
- Efficient use of the following software, NSO/ISYMOST or ABAQUS.
- Excellent communication, collaboration skills, both written and verbal.
- Competent with up-to-date computer applications including MS Word, Excel and Mathcad.
- Ability to solve complex technical problems and be originator of CLIENT issued TQ's/DVR's.
- Proven track record within previous and current employment.
- Ability to prioritise and organise work.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member depending on project needs.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.