Wamsutter, Wyoming, United States
Wamsutter, Wyoming, United States
Skills: Regulatory Compliance
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Wamsutter, Wyoming, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Our Client is seeking an experienced Regulatory Analyst to assist with execution of the company's development program while maintaining life-of-the-well compliance with Texas and Louisiana rules and regulations. The Regulatory Analyst will report to the Head of Environmental & Regulatory and work remotely until re-opening the Denver, CO office.
The Regulatory Analyst works directly with multi-disciplinary teams of geologists, engineers, operations and land personnel to protect the Client's assets by ensuring regulatory compliance with appropriate state and/or federal agencies. The Regulatory Analyst will manage regulatory compliance from well authorization through the oil/gas well production cycle, file appropriate permits and documentation with regulatory agencies, and interact with government agencies and internal stakeholders. These responsibilities will be in support of drilling rig schedules, operational goals, and deals negotiated by the land and business development groups.
This position will be responsible for: handling all permitting requirements associated with well activity, timely submission of regulatory reports after the work is completed, researching and resolving issues that arise from regulatory agencies and accounting groups, submitting tax exemptions/rebates on qualifying wells, keeping abreast of rules and regulation changes that impact the Client's operations.
• Provide regulatory and permitting support to assist in complying with Texas Railroad Commission (TCRRC) and Louisiana Department of Natural Resources (LDNR) rules and regulations.
• File appropriate permits and regulatory documents with regulatory agencies.
• Monitor upcoming operations and required filing dates. Collect required data to submit accurate and timely regulatory reports.
• Maintain internal tracking systems to identify upcoming regulatory requirements for continuing compliance with regulations.
• Internal and external stakeholder communication.
Essential experience and job requirements
• Bachelor's Degree.
• 3 to 5 years oil and gas experience.
• General knowledge of the oil and gas industry, namely the E&P upstream side of the business.
• Able to read, research and comprehend regulatory issues.
• Skilled in working on tasks requiring meticulous attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Able to multi-task, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
• Able to work independently and as a team player with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with regulatory agency staff and all levels of company office and field staff.
• Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to adapt to a changing and fast paced work environment.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Excel and Word.
Other Requirements (e. g. Travel, Location)
• Oil & Gas experience in Texas and Louisiana.
• Working knowledge of Texas Railroad Commission and Louisiana Department of Natural Resources rules and regulations.
• Problem solving and analytical skills.
• Remote work with placement in Denver, CO office when office reopens.
Location: Wamsutter, Wyoming
Duration: 9 months