Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Skills: Business Development, Sales
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Manager of Business Development (UK or EU)
Safeguarding lives and the environment through integrated systems performance
Since 1998, Athens Group (AG), a Houston based company, has set as their mission to help operators, drilling contractors and asset owners ensure safety, increase uptime, and safeguard the environment over the entire asset lifecycle. We are a comprehensive service provider for the verification and inspection of all marine, subsea, and drilling equipment. Our Knowledge Delivery System? was developed from our experience on over 400 high specification drilling, production and marine projects worldwide. This system allows AG to deliver the highest possible test, inspection and survey coverage with consistency, traceability and repeatability across a company's asset fleet.AG originated and sets the bar for the E&P equipment verification business - now considered a key driver of operational safety and reliability. Our Proven Practices? Methodology sets us apart from our competitors and helps ensure that our customers' E&P assets remain fit for purpose throughout their lifecycle.
We are Driven by These Core Values
· Safety - Everyone goes home after their shift with no lost time due to unsafe processes, practices or environment.
· Adaptability - We adapt rapidly to market shifts in ways our competitors can't.
· Team Discipline - We're team oriented, with the professional discipline to discuss and then fully commit to the decision and the team whether we agree or not.
· Creativity - We are experts at creating new ways to tap the unrealized potential in our customers' operations.
· Commitment - We are aligned with and committed to achieving company goals and exceeding customer expectations.
· Focus - We understand that our ability to deliver unmatched value depends upon carefully choosing our customers and narrowing our value focus.
· Results - The proof of our value is found only in the results we deliver to our customers. Deeply rooted in the culture of any customer-intimate company is the sense that if our customer does well, we've done well.
Does the Following Describe You?
· Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to build strong, long-lasting relationships based on trust
· Unconditional commitment to your company and client successes
· Positive attitude with an abundance mentality
· Results driven with a high value placed on personal accountability
· Confident and Resilient
Who We Want
Our ideal Manager of Business Development candidate is searching for an opportunity to apply their unparalleled work ethic and large strategic account experience to expand our business and achieve revenue goals within their assigned accounts. You maintain an appetite for continuous improvement and are a passionate believer in your ability as a trusted advisor to creatively solve customer problems. You feel responsible for achieving goals and executing direct sales activities that ensure you will always be challenged. You have a strong desire to expand your knowledge about the Oil and Gas industry and continuously develop your skills to establish credibility and build positive relationships with clients and colleagues.
A Snapshot of What You'll Do
The Manager of Business Development will directly report to the President and will work closely with the sales, delivery, marketing and leadership teams to achieve sales goals and execute company strategies. You will be responsible for parts of the European and African marketplace to develop relationships with decision makers and key influencers. You will ensure new opportunities meet AG fit criteria. You will serve as the primary point of contact with customers and new strategic accounts ensuring we have all the information necessary to meet prospect and client needs by effectively executing the company's sales process. You will respond to prospect needs with core Athens Group solutions as well as find innovative ways to use AG skills and expertise to meet customer challenges.
Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed fast paced sales environment, e.g.:
o Consistently meeting prospecting goals
o Conducting sales calls using state of the art commercial remote communication tools
o Making own travel and accommodation arrangements as needed post Covid-19 travel restrictions
o Interacting with and eliciting support from peers when required
o Writing effective emails and proposals
o Efficiently managing personal time
· Able and willing to commit to Athens Group sales philosophy without reservation
· Able and willing to actively participate in Athens Group sales training
· Able and willing to adopt Athens Group sales methods and tools without reservation
· Familiar with upstream oil and gas exploration industry, specifically in the areas of offshore exploration and production drilling and marine
· Experience selling abstract services such as consulting, inspections, audits investigations and other like offerings with intangible deliverables such as recommendations or certifications
· Exceptional listening and communication skills with the ability to provide a sense of teamwork and collaboration both internally and with clients
· Strong analytical skills
· Track record of meeting/exceeding quotas
· Deeply curious about people, companies, processes and systems
· Able to unabashedly ask challenging and personal questions.
· Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) related degree or equivalent work experience
· Sales Experience with the upstream oil and gas ecosystem
· Basic technical understanding of offshore drilling, production and marine equipment and systems
· A strong desire for continuous learning
What We Will Include
This role is very unique and an outstanding opportunity for the right type of individual. An excellent salary and commission structure (upon achieving set goals), PTO, paid holidays and support in Professional Memberships and Licenses along with comprehensive screening and evaluation, intense onboarding and recurrent training are all offered.
How to Apply
Please click below to apply and include a brief email/cover letter explaining who you are and why you believe you would be the best possible choice for this position.