Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Wood Resilient Environments is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer with experience in designing various electrical systems for buildings and industrial projects. This position can be based in our Oakville, Burlington, or Cambridge Ontario offices with flexibility to work remotely.
- Assist the team in developing new business in Ontario and Eastern Canada.
- Source out any potential new assignments from various clients in anticipation of expressions of interest or requests for proposals.
- Prepare contract packages, quantity take-offs, specifications, etc. for both new buildings and renovations.
- Complete code reviews, design calculations, equipment selection, and work with designers to develop design packages.
- Review electrical design layout plans, schematics, details, specifications, etc. prepared by the design staff and provide redline mark-up and/or instruction when required to advance the design to completion.
- Coordinate design with all other disciplines to limit potential issues during construction.
- Stamp/Seal final engineering design drawings and specifications.
- Prepare project budgets and be responsible for monitoring the budgets for each assigned project.
- Field work during construction as needed to address the intent of the design.
- Participation in project meetings including internal and those with the client and contractors.
- Develop technical and financial proposal submissions for bids on electrical assignments or the electrical component of a larger infrastructure assignment.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering; Masters level would be considered an asset.
- Professional Registration with either PEO, and willingness to register with Professional Engineers and Geoscientists Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, etc.
- Minimum 12 years of experience as an Electrical Engineer designing various electrical systems for buildings and industrial projects.
- Proficient in English with ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written, and candidate must possess excellent people management skill.
- Proven experience with standard industry software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Experience with CAD, ETAP, AGI32 and lighting calculation software are all considered as assets.
- Excellent time and budget management skills.
- Valid driver's license and ability to conduct site visits as required.
- Proactive, detail-oriented team member with a good knowledge of planning techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships with client, subcontractors, and staff at all levels.
- Design experience with electrical systems for buildings and industrial projects and all aspects of the design process and delivery.
- Familiarity with National Building Codes, CSA and IEE standards including the Canadian Electrical Code.
- Valid driver's license.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.