Do you like observing machine operations?Are you a Machinist looking for a new opportunity?Join our Team!
Our Oilfield Services Team is assembling and testing the latest products of oilfield equipment, which is beating heart of our work. We collaborate with our development teams in science, mechanical and electrical engineering, physics, geoscience, to develop innovative drilling tools.Partner with the best
You will set-up and operate on special purpose equipment, conventional (lathe/mill), and/or numerical control (NC) machines and machining-centers. You are responsible for fabrication of metallic and nonmetallic parts that hold to the high quality machine standards required within the organization. You will be working with a collaborative team in an innovative, high-technology facility.
As an ARMO Tech - Machinist, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Reading and interpreting blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces
- Starting and observing machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls as required
- Calculating and setting controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut
- Entering commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have a High School Diploma or equivalent with related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Be able to select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers
- Demonstrate a basic to intermediate skill level on manual lathe (indicate part, turn OD's, and qualify ID and OD)
- Have the ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry
- Have good communication skills in English language
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their completely authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. However, to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.