Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Wood is seeking to hire a Transportation Planner / Engineer-In-Training based in our Burlington, Cambridge, or Richmond Hill, ON offices with the flexibility to work remotely. This position will provide modelling support to our Smart Mobility and Digital Solutions Group.
- Responsible for day-to-day project support and tasks assigned by the Discipline Lead or Project Managers.
- Working within a team of peers to achieve project deliverables and milestones for board range of transportation engineering projects within both the private and public sectors.
- Provide support to Smart Mobility and Digital Solutions team with creative digital solutions, exploring cutting edge transportation solutions by leveraging the power of AI and Machine Learning.
- Participate and lead monitoring programs including system design, integration, setup, construction, deployment, servicing, and recovery.
- Infrastructure assessment including development and execution of an IoT migration plan.
- Ensure that quality and safety standards are maintained which includes development of quality processes, schematics, flow diagrams, work instructions, and completion of corporate safety documentation as required.
- Assist the Integrated Planning Solutions group as required on the following:
- Provide support in to 4 Stage Travel Demand Modelling assignments (EMME, VISUM, TransCAD, etc.).
- Provide support to multi-resolution modelling utilizing Vissim and Aimsun software packages.
- Provide Big Data processing support for various transportation and safety studies.
- Work with team of GIS specialists to develop higher order digital solutions for transportation planning and engineering projects.
- Other support on transportation and safety studies as needed.
Skills / Qualifications
- 2+ years of relevant experience in transportation planning and/or traffic engineering services in the consulting or public sectors
- Bachelor's Degree with focus on Transportation Planning/Engineering
- Eligible for or Registered P.Eng. License from the Professional Engineers of Ontario or Registered Professional Planner from Ontario Professional Planning Institute
- Experience using tools including VBA/Excel, Python, etc. to automate analysis of large data sets will be preferred.
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS to assist in the production of high-quality maps and images, and basic network analysis.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with good communication and presentation skills.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Must have valid driver's license and access to vehicle for site visits.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.