Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Loving, New Mexico, United States
Looking for a long-term career opportunity? Come join Wood as an Instrumentation Engineer in Loving, NM. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more. The successful candidate will provide instrumentation and controls engineering support to all phases of project design, execution, installation, commissioning and operation.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Provides instrumentation and controls engineering support to all phases of project design, execution, installation, commissioning and operation.
- Maintains and applies company instrumentation design criteria and specifications as well as industry recognized standards.
- Reviews Engineering drawings and instructions to ensure compliance with applicable requirements.
- Develops and executes test plans for instrumentation installation, document calibrations, system configurations, and data acquisition equipment.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses instrumentation related issues including electrical, mechanical, and computer controlled systems.
- Assists in factory acceptance testing and field inspections.
- Supports supply chain in instrumentation systems and equipment procurement activities.
Skills / Qualifications
- Expert level, typically 10+ years of experience.
- Technical specialist in all areas of discipline.
- Highest non-supervisory level.
- Is known across the organization for their expertise, strategic vision and enterprise perspective.
- Creates unprecedented solutions to complex, non-routine problems.
- Provides recommendations to management within business/functional team and occasionally across business lines/regions.
- Often provides specialized technical/functional guidance to others within business unit/functional areas.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.